Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Puddles
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like everyone else I do not like the inline adds but if the choice is inline or pop ups that block the post, this is better. I totally agree the content of those adds needs to be screened better or allow the member breeders to purchase an add so at least some quality breeders are represented.
Is there a simple line of code that can slightly grey the inline adds so you can easily see it's an add vs a post? Or heavy outline the add text block?

I like that it works! Basic functionality is the same, just looks different. I like it and impressed with a pretty flawless roll out.

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
I agree- I like it just some kinks to work out like notifications and those ADS.
I would not want to pay money for an ad, speaking as a good breeder. I already give too many hours worth of service to the community and the breed to pay money to run an ad for puppies I do not have to sell. But I do think getting these awful breeders out of here is a priority, or should be, to the owners who are so picky about not posting links to GOOD breeders.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
It makes no sense to me. Given that this is a community about promoting Golden Retrievers, in particular, healthy, well bred ones, rather than BYB profit breeders. Or it SHOULD be about that. I think since it's been stated that "Change is Good", that perhaps it's time to review all the rules and see if some of them can be revised and relaxed - in the interest of "Change is Good".

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
I'd like to suggest to mods to not close threads when there is discussion going on, as long as it is not out of control. That has a bit of a communist feel to me. Perhaps the rulemakers might actually learn why we feel as we do if you'd not close the threads when you get worried too many good points are being made. I'm done with the discussion now.

·
Administrator
16,467 Posts
The owners, Forum Administrator/Moderator team of Golden Retriever Forum reserve the right to remove, censor, edit, move or close any board content for any reason.
If you feel the need to complain about ads or board lay out, fine. Discussions of rule changes are futile and instead of wasting everyone's time with this we will simple close that discussion down. The rules have been in place for years and for a reason.

So there will be no more discussion on rule changes......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts