Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I don't know if you all remember, but my Bailey is very timid and is scared of everything. This all started when I was taking her on a walk and she got bit in the neck by a dog that came running out at us when she was 4 months old. My dog has fear aggression and is scared of everything. Bailey aslo has resource guarding issues and they are improving too. She would growl and snap at my children as well.

I've been working very hard with her everyday since that incident and I now have her signed up for additional obedience class. She has built up her confidence and I now can take her down that same walking path as before. She no longer growls/snaps at the children and always takes part when they are playing everyday. They play Bailey's favortie game of hide and seek almost everyday.

It's so nice to see an improvement. It doesn't happen overnight. We've been working very hard on this everyday for 4 months straight. :smooch: :)

I will continue to work with Bailey and give her the help she needs, no matter how long it takes.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,076 Posts
That's awesome to hear......it is so nice that you're very committed to helping Bailey deal with her issues. If more people were like that, we'd probably see less abandoned and unwanted dogs/puppies.

Way to go Bailey!!!

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Way to go Nicole! It's a rough road to travel but I commend you for actively working on her issues. She is such a beautiful young dog. Many of your posts have made her very real to me and dear to my heart. I know life isn't always fair but it is so frustrating that other dog owners do not realize their non control of their dogs can end up causing so much hardship to another owner and their dog. I will keep Bailey in my prayers that she continues to improve under your hard work and loving guidence.

·
Debbie
644 Posts
That is so great about your Bailey. It shows what a little hard work can do. She obvioulsy has a sweet personality and just needed to gain some confidence. Your patience has paid off.

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
That's awesome to hear......it is so nice that you're very committed to helping Bailey deal with her issues. If more people were like that, we'd probably see less abandoned and unwanted dogs/puppies.

Way to go Bailey!!!
Ditty - my thoughts exactly.

Glad that everything is working out with Bailey! :) I think it's a great idea to continue with the momentum that you have and start those Obedience classes.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Great job Nicole and Bailey. Keep up the good work. You can feel proud that you have helped her to overcome these issues.

·
Inactive
4,512 Posts
Way to go you guys! That is just awful about the attack--I swear fights can ruin an otherwise sweet dog! Keep it up and pass on loves from me to Bailey.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Your progress with Bailey is so encouraging! Roxy and I are working on her fear aggression with unfamiliar dogs. She must have had a bad experience as a stray before we adopted her. She is slowly improving with behavior and play classes. Please share your insights.

·
Inactive
11,326 Posts
What a great success story! I hope it provides inspiration for other people who are struggling with similar issues and despair that it will ever really pay off. That daily effort is really hard to put in when the results aren't obvious, but here's a great testimonial for how it can work wonders!

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's great to hear that all your hard work is paying off - congratulations!! Jesse is about Bailey's age and is also very timid. Hearing the success that you've had gives me the incentive to continue with the hard work as well. I hope everything continues to go well with Bailey and her confidence keeps growing

·
I ♥ Bailey and Annie!
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's getting better with each passing day! It's a wonderful feeling to have your hard work pay off. :eek:)

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Sounds like you persistence is paying off. Congratulations!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts