Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
The vet said everything looked and sounded good. He said he hated to do it, but to keep him off the Rimadyl and watch him. He really thinks he just had a reaction to the meds. He said he will be around all weekend if I need him. We are leaving about 11:00 tomorrow morning for our trip to Asheville to meet his new family. I hope everyone likes each other. The new dad is worried that he will be too mellow. I told them I really think he will perk up once he gets to feeling better. It's only been 5 days and he has had to adjust to a new place and new people. I've always had Greyhounds, very laid back dogs. Well I adopted a Terrier mix from the animal shelter in December. I told them after getting her, I wasn't sure there was such a thing as too laid back. I hope everything works out and the new dad isn't disappointed in him. But I will ask them to please call me first if they decide he isn't the right dog for them.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
I have been holding my breath, and not posted, good all is okay, he is so handsome, i think you may miss him, once he is gone, you have been so wonderfull, taking care of him.

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I'm glad he is feeling better and the vet is pleased with how he is doing, but so sorry he can't take Rimadyl. Maybe his new family can try him with Deramaxx or Metacam.

I think he will perk up once he gets used to his new life and gets over some of his health issues. The fracture is probably slowing him down right now. I hope it works out for him, but I am glad they will contact you if it doesn't.

I have a GR, BassettX and recently DH brought home a feist/JRT he found. I agree - there is no such thing as too laid back.:);):p:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have a GR, BassettX and recently DH brought home a feist/JRT he found. I agree - there is no such thing as too laid back.:);):p:[/QUOTE]

Do you have a picture of your feist/JRT? I was wondering if that is what my Coco is that I adopted in December. Here is her picture.

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Kelly

Kelly

He is so beautiful and so are you! What great pictures!

My heart sank when you said he wasn't feeling well.

How is he doing in his new home!

41 - 49 of 49 Posts