Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen it yet? I'm sitting here watching it and my mom asked, what kind of dog is that? She was referring to the son of santa paws. I said it is a GP because of the tail over the back, please tell me I'm right.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I'd love to help you out, but I've never even heard of that movie. However, now you've sparked my interest and I want to look into it, lol.

·
Registered
869 Posts
GP is Great Pyrenees

I bought this & we watched it last night.
When I was 1st looking to get a Golden after our 1st one died I talked to a breeder in Ohio that said the movie people from Snow Buddies bought her whole litter once. She didn't know if her's were actually used. I read about some of the puppies dying from Parvo at the time of the filming. ( I don't know if they were hers either) I ran to another breeder!
So what do they do with these puppies after the film is over? It isn't like the original Buddy who belonged to someone.

·
801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry when I started this thread I meant to call it Santa Buddies, ooops. Hopefully those pups go back to the breeder to be adopted. It just made my skin crawl when I see people trying to capitalize on this movie to sell their "English" goldens, when in fact the white one's in the movie aren't even golden's. Give me a break! GREAT PYRENEES hello people.
Originally Posted by Packleader
Ok besides the golden buddies the other two are GP's. What's funny is when I googled Santa Buddies golden retriever's I got this: Give me a break!!!

Santa Buddies English Golden Retriever Puppies - Golden Retriever ...
Santa Buddies English Golden Retriever Puppies. Puppy Classifieds for Golden Retriever

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Well I have no kids and I have both Santa Buddies and Space Buddies because Scout seems to watch this.

Space Buddies was so funny...me watching his reaction to the pups on screen. I just need something that shows puppies and animals.

I'm hoping Santa Buddies has more dog time over stupid story time. But I do it for the pup. He likes it. NOah watches So you Think You Can Dance....I guess it's the age difference. : )

OK now I need to donate money and trash the DVD....just found this. Idiots - 6-7 weeks sending them out to film? I hope they shut this guy down. http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070320/NEWS/703200319

AND BAD DISNEY!

http://www.riverreporter.com/issues/07-04-19/news-breeder.html

·
Susan
1,187 Posts
I can't imagine a responsible breeder just shipping 6-7 week old puppies across the country without knowing how they would be cared for. Jamie's litter was photographed for a print ad but his breeder was right there making sure everything was OK. It makes me sick to hear him quoted as having "rented" them to the production company as though they were furniture or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts