Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Kristy
9,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banana:

OK, I thought this day would never get here! I am FINALLY the one who is picking up my new puppy tomorrow! I can't tell you all how excited I am.

My out of town company left a half hour ago and I plan to skip church and spend the day getting all Duncan's stuff out and ready for him. Fresh towels in the crate, cut the tags off the toys, set up the baby gates, pour the puppy food into the bins.... YEE HAW!!!

I've already cried over the "Marley" article in the Sunday paper pullout (very neat, if you get the "Parade" magazine.) I know this puppy will not be Baxter, it's why I purposefully looked for a breeder whose dogs look completely different than he did. Duncan is going to be his own person and it's going to be good.

My flight doesn't get in until after 5 tomorrow night, but if I am organized maybe I can post a photo before bedtime....

Cross your fingers that Duncan sleeps thru the plane ride!!!! Hey Merlin's Mom... if you have some free time this week maybe you'd like to come over and meet Duncan and smell his puppy breath !

Here is a photo of Duncan sent by his breeder, Nancy. He is laying on the box I mailed containing the carrier for his trip, collar, toy etc. Note the edge of the box is chewed off... one of her other dogs found the box before she did :)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
how very exciting! will he be able to stay close to you on the plane?

Save travels and happy puppy time!!!!!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Somebody's excited, wonder who? ;)
What a wonderful time for you, with Baxter looking over you both, Duncan is bound to have the best life! Congrats and we'll be waiting for those pics:)

·
Registered
643 Posts
Yay!!! Good luck with your trip, can't wait to see more pictures! Thanks for your advice last month, I really appreciated it, and I wish you and your new puppy all the best!!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Best of luck to you both. I look forward to more pics of Duncan when you get home too.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congrats, I can imagine how excited you are. When I got Jacey I woke up extremely early and then had about four hours to wait before I had to head out to go and get her. Looking forward to seeing pictures when you have a chance to post them. CONGRATULATIONS!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Congratulations! Duncan is certainly a handsome guy. Have a great trip.

·
Tess and Liza
6,075 Posts
He is so cute! I hope you have a safe trip together and look forward to hearing all about it and of course see a lot of pictures!

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Congratulations!! The big day has finally come!!:):smooch: Can't wait to see more pictures of your ADORABLE little Duncan, have a safe, wonderful flight!:wavey:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congratulations on the big day finally getting here. I remember those last days before Bama came home. We were on vacation and almost came home early to go pick him up, we were so excited.
Welcome home Duncan and welcome to the forum.

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
YAY!!! I would love to get a whiff of some puppy breath! LOL!!

Duncan looks way too cute in the picture. Can't wait to see more! Thursday day might work, or maybe on the weekend. Either way we look forward to meeting you all!

Hope you have a great flight to pick him up, and a quiet one on the way back! I'm sure you'll be a hit on the plane! LOL!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Congratulations. You are in for a wonderful time. Not much for sleep but lots of fun. Duncan is gorgeous. I'm sure he will make lots of friends on the plane.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts