Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Love walks on four paws
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My baby pup is due today and so far nothing...lol....I know I know...but I was really hoping to know for sure if I will be getting a pup in the near future or if I had to wait until next year...sigh...I'm not so good at waiting!!!!!

·
Dog Lover
42,036 Posts
Mayve

Maye

I hope you hear!
I STINK AT WAITING!
Do you mean the Mom's delivery date is today?

·
Love walks on four paws
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, she is due today. I just emailed the breeder and she said nothing yet but she's hoping tonight. I don't want to be a pain so not going to email her again tonight, but not sure if she means Mia is in labor or she's hoping she goes into labor tonight...

·
AKA: Joyce
7,442 Posts
I don't blame you, patience isn't my forte either but especially for a new little fur butt. I hope you hear great news by morning! I will keep an eye out for your good news :)

·
Love walks on four paws
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Joyce...

I can't believe how exciting the prospect of a new ball of fur is...been 10 years since I've had a puppy in the house! It doesn't help that this is my first Golden and I've wanted one for as long as I can remember. We didn't do it before now because our house is small, and we had kids. The health issues scared me some too! Small dogs just seemed to fit better with our space. But now that the kids are grown and living on their own we feel we have the space and the time to give to a big dog. A friend of mine warned me the other day though, that once I get one, I will always have to have one in my life! I am thinking though that this will be my last puppy and when the time is right I will rescue. I've always wanted to do therapy and possibly nose work. We shall see how she pans out as far as what her unique talents are.

I can already smell puppy breath...my absolute favorite smell, well one of them anyway...

·
AKA: Joyce
7,442 Posts
I understand, we were the same way. Always adult dogs and kids. Kids all gone so time to give Ky a puppy. The wait was worth it! I'm enjoying having a puppy (he was actually a puppy for 5 minutes) but after this I'll go back to adults. I'm too old for anymore puppies :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts