Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Marcy
8,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister called tonight from Denver and she was talking to DH because I was outside snowblowing.

Evidently she asked how the bumpasses are and when I came in (covered with snow, I still tend to point the stupid thing at my head). DH said he really didn't think it was fair to still call them the bumpasses because they never steal food and are perfect, loving dogs. I was like, OK, I see your point, but maybe we should get a puppy to make them the bumpasses again.

The thought did not go over well. But things are too quiet, nobody needs training, nobody wants to go out in the middle of the night. I need to shake it up. :)

The campaign begins.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
An 8 week old golden puppy would certainly raise the chaos levels back up. ;) Though that picture of Abby and Finn snoozing looks pretty peaceful also.

·
<---Bring on the grub!!!!
3,737 Posts
Adding a third dog can certainly shake things up. Biscuit was the third dog in the present pack and he is a food stealer, sock and underwear eater, cat chaser, kid knocker-over (although that was when he was younger), too strong to easily walk on a leash....hahahaha. Good luck on your new pup--you KNOW you want one ;)

BTW....I like the name Bumpasses. Mine are called Goobers.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Coming from someone who has a 12-week old puppy who is actually quite well behaved, I think the picture of two snoozing dogs looks pretty dang good! :) Even well-behaved puppies are lots of work. Especially in winter! I say get another....but wait until it warms up!!! :) :)

·
Kristy
10,422 Posts
I have one cute 12 week old that I'd be willing to lend out to you for a couple hours every day... after he peed on the kitchen floor right after coming in from peeing outside yesterday, I could be convinced to make you a deal :)

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
You could always foster! That way you only have them long enough for you to remember why you didn't need an extra dog. LOL

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Oh I love the Bumpasses!! Every time I see it here I think of 'Old Man Parker' yelling out the door after the dogs got the turkey!! SOB's Bumpasses!!!! LOL!!! It makes me smile.

Looks like you better shake it up! :)

·
Registered
140 Posts
Do it! do it! do it! Having three big dogs makes people wonder what else is wrong with you! In our house the labs are, "the King and the Prince" and 14 week Finn is, you guessed it, "the joker". And having just gone through potty training in very cold, sometimes blizzardy weather- wait until spring!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Forgot to add- While BOTH your babies are GORGEOUS.....that lab with his? Her? big giant, (always concrete) head has stolen my heart! That is one good looking dog!

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I like the fostering idea too! That way you can shake it up and when you've had enough, and foster pup has a forever home, life will be peaceful again!

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
That is a beautiful pic of you doggies.

(In my family we call all large mixed breed dogs bumpasses and even had one of our own).

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I used to always call my GSD a "pain in the neck". It ended up being just a term of endearment. One day my five year old was crying, and I asked her why, and she says "You always call Zeus a pain in the neck. You never call me that. You must not love me." I then had to remember to call her a pain in the neck once in a while too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts