Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this site looks great! I had no idea it was here...I'll need lots of advice ...our 6 month old golden "hooked up" this morning with my brother's 3 year old...egads, it was awful! I'm sure she is too young to be a mom, I had been doing sooo good in keeping them seperated during this heat cycle. We also have a 5 year old male (our own) who is fixed. Any words of wisdom from you all in experienced dog land? Many thanks!:wavey:

·
Premium Member
17,927 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Sorry about the oops, but please take ACC's advise and have her spayed NOW, she's way to young to raise a litter, and you weren't planning this one.

We love pics by the way.

·
Chantilly Goldens
3,381 Posts
If you go and get her spayed you will not need a mis-mating shot. They are really unsafe shots and alot can go wrong and I would never reccomend one. 6 months is way way way to young for puppies. Do the right thing for her and have her spayed ASAP.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome and I agree with everyone. Get her spayed now so you wont have to worry anymore about this happening. Cant wait to see pictures of her and your boy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow, thank you all for your advice, I will gladly take it and call the vet first thing tomorrow and she is such a sweetie, my boy Charlie too...I will get pics...love all the ones that have been sent my way...thanks friends! It has been such a stressful day! I can't wait to look around the site a bit more!

·
16,000 Posts
If you were planning on having her spayed anyway, schedule her for as SOON as she comes out of season. She is much too young to have puppies. I do not recommend a mis-mate injection. Especially with such a young bitch. And never if you are planning to breed her later.

Welcome to the forum, by the way!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts