Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.. IM HOME!
I noticed that my sister in law already posted that I got engaged! and thank you all very much for the surprise messages! I started to tear up when I saw that Jen posted that thread.. It meant a lot.
But yea we got engaged. He proposed on the Tuesday Feb 17th at night time. I was climbing into bed and pulled back the bedsheet to find a RING! He asked me to be his wife, then I said in shock " are you really asking me that?" lol then I said "you already know the answer, YES" and I started to cry!
We had such a great time.. That was my first Vacation and I would definably recommend St Maarten to anyone.. It was Beautiful! and the shopping is cheap..
I did pick out my own ring, but I was just trying rings on. Then Ryan went are secretly bought it for me.
I would post some pictures but the Attaching Files thing isnt working for me right now! But ill post some pictures later hopefully!
I missed you all, and now I have to catch up on what went on this week!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Congratulations !!!! What a wonderful way to start off your engagement.... sounds like you've got one thoughtful, romantic guy !!!!!:--heart::--heart:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Congratulations!!!!!!! Now the fun starts. Picking out your dress. Try and not let the stress get to you and be one of the bridezillas like on tv. LOL Enjoy yourselfs and get posting those pictures from the vacation girlfriend. Need to see some bling and fun in the sun.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I am late seeing this thread. Congratulations on your engagement!!!! Did you pick out your ring there in St. Maarten? My friend has traveled there many times and always raves about the stunning jewelery in the stores. They have variety and designs that are not seen here.

You will have a very exciting time ahead of you. Do you know when you want to get married? Big or small wedding? I was married just over 2 years ago at Deer Creek in Ajax and was shocked when I started looking at venues at how booked they were a year and a half in advance. Start looking to book now if you plan to have a banquet hall type reception. However, my advice to any bride to be is to save your $$$ and go for a small informal affair. Congratulations again.

·
Chloe and Cedar's Mom
718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am late seeing this thread. Congratulations on your engagement!!!! Did you pick out your ring there in St. Maarten? My friend has traveled there many times and always raves about the stunning jewelery in the stores. They have variety and designs that are not seen here.

You will have a very exciting time ahead of you. Do you know when you want to get married? Big or small wedding? I was married just over 2 years ago at Deer Creek in Ajax and was shocked when I started looking at venues at how booked they were a year and a half in advance. Start looking to book now if you plan to have a banquet hall type reception. However, my advice to any bride to be is to save your $$$ and go for a small informal affair. Congratulations again.
I did pick out my ring in St Maarten.. Its a Blue diamond.. Blues my favourite colour so it just worked! There are tons of Jewellery stores down there..
We havent picked a date.. but we plan on getting married 2-3 years from now. We need to buy a new truck and do some reno's on our house first then save up for the wedding. I heard Deer Creek is nice. And its close to us.Friends of ours got married at Carruthers creek, and that was a nice wedding. Small venue, perfect for small weddings. They got married in a green house with a water fall. We both agreed on a small wedding. Im a frugal person and ill be penny pinching the whole time. But we havent cancelled out the idea of going away to get married! We havent really talked about it yet.. Just got back from Vacation, and we have 2-3 years to plan!

Heres the link to some pictures i posted for those of you who didnt see my thread..
http://www.goldenretrieverforum.com/...hp?albumid=542

1 - 13 of 13 Posts