Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked my pups breeders page. My puppy's mother is due again in July. She is 17 weeks old. :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just checked my pups breeders page. My puppy's mother is due again in July. She is 17 weeks old. :(
Did you mean 17 months old? I’m struggling to figure out how this could be a dam’s second litter when she’s barely over 4 months old.

EDIT:
Oh wait, do you mean your puppy is 17 weeks? Lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you mean 17 months old? I’m struggling to figure out how this could be a dam’s second litter when she’s barely over 4 months old.

EDIT:
Oh wait, do you mean your puppy is 17 weeks? Lol.
My puppy is 17 weeks old. He has her mother listed as expecting again in July.

·
Registered
127 Posts
My puppy is 17 weeks old. He has her mother listed as expecting again in July.
Yeah, that makes a lot more sense. Some breeders breed two heat cycles in a row, and it isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Some studies even suggest it’s better to breed two heat cycles in a row so long as the mother is well taken care of and healthy.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But it is possible and makes sense. I just have learned so much here and how he was not very ethical

·
Registered
127 Posts
If you’ve since found out he isn’t very ethical, then he’s probably only doing it for money and not thinking of the dam’s well-being. That’s extremely unfortunate and is disgusting.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have you verified your pups health background? Were the parents properly screened for possible genetic health issues?
I learned a lot from this board. No. I dont believe the parents were properly screened.
I am in love with my pup but have learned a lot for next time.

·
Super Moderator
886 Posts
How irresponsible!! she's not even 2 years and has produced 2 litters.

I knew an irresponsible owner that bred her golden to their golden lab mix.. the golden was just under a year old at her first heat around 10 months!!!! horrific. she was just a puppy. ( it was not accidental as well, I asked them and they said they planned it. they sold all the pups and so it wasn't even a case of 'i want to breed my dog because i want his offspring' scenario)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts