Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My name is Alissa and I live in Wollongong, NSW, Australia.

I'll be 26 on the 9th of May.

I am rather new to goldens. I own a 7 month old golden named Daniel.

I also have another small dog. A sydney silky terrier named Muppet.

I am owned by 10 cats and I also breed and exhibit cavies.

Other pets that reside here are: A duck named Basil, 2 chooks. A 11 year old netherland dwarf rabbit. A pet rat and 2 ferrets and 3 budgies and 2 quarrions.

I work as a supervisor in a small supermarket and spend most of my leisure time with my pets.

Alissa :D

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Alissa,

this is amazing... pleeeeaaaaseee send some pictures of you and all your animals together...

You're only 26? How did you get to live together with so many animals?

10 cats? How is Daniel getting along with everyone?

Alissa, you must have lots of fun stories. :eek:

Joe

Btw. you posted the same picture of Daniel twice into our gallery. I took one of them out.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Intro

Hi Joe,

Hehe, my life is full-on with all the pets.

I do not go on extended holidays. Too hard to find a pet sitter that does not charge an arm and a leg and one that will actually do everything as I like it.

Daniel is the only "man" in my life atm. He is a great dog. He loves the cats and adores Muppet.

He is one HUGE golden. He weighs 33 kilos and he is only a few days off 7 months old. The vet says he is "big boned" I tend to think he is maybe a bit spoilt:eek: .

Alissa

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Hi Alissa,

It must be very hard to take care of all your animals.
Have you ever had any thoughts on what would happen to all of them if you had any accident or you had to travel for a long period of time?
Do you have any family which would take care of them all?

We have only Kia (and her pups now) and couple of aquarium fish and sometimes it is hard to manage to get someone to look at them if we travel. Ever during the day, friend of ours is coming over to take Kia outside.
I wonder how you manage to do all this.

Daniel is a one huge Golden Retriever, possibly the biggest 7 months old GR pup I've ever seen.
Well, even if it's a tall and big-boned puppy, 33kg seems a lot.
What does the vet say about this weight?

Also, do you keep him outside or inside?

Joe

PS. sorry for asking so many questions, I just want to know how is the life in Australia and how you manage so many animals... Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

I don't mind all the questions.

The vet is quite happy with Daniel and his weight. I know they have a tendency to pack the weight on but he isn't really overweight. He gets low calorie treats and his diet is not typically fatty as I cook all of his meals.

He has free access to both inside and out but prefers to stay out.

He gets walked twice a day. In the morning at about 5am just before I leave for work and in the evening at 6-7pm.

I have a great family that helps out when need be.

Alissa

Oh and life in Australia is fine and dandy. Wouldn't trade it for the world!!

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Hi Allisa,

thanks for letting me know. It's nice to get all these details, then I feel like I know all our members little more.

One of our users "timberwolfe" suggested a new category on the initial screen of the forum "Other Pets", so that would be I guess great place to meet your other animals and read some stories about them.

Anyways, we just came with Kia and pups from outside, Vierka is making some dinner and I will post some new pictures.

Have a great (day/evening:confused: ) in Australia...
Vierka is yelling to say hello to you and Daniel... :)

Joe & Vierka

1 - 6 of 6 Posts