Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,
I had to put my Golden girl down in February of this year, after nearly 14 years. She was gorgeous, smart, funny, obedient--the whole nine yards. I miss her terribly. Now I am looking for a new puppy, and hoping to find the same "type". I have been lurking here and looking at pictures on various websites--and I just can't find a dog with looks similar to my old girl! I'd like to post a picture of her and ask folks if they can tell me if she's an American, English, Canadian, or maybe Martian type! She came from Rebelcreek kennels in Ontario, and boy, was I lucky--at the time (2002), all I knew about in terms of Goldens' health concerns was hip dysplasia--but Molly never had any health problems until a galloping spinal cord neoplasia got her.
If someone can help me understand the directions for posting pictures, I'd sure appreciate it!

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,873 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
I'm sorry for the loss of your girl, she sounds like she was very special and really wonderful.

If you want to start a thread in the Choosing a GR Breeder and Puppy section, indicate what type of dog you are looking and the location of where you'd like to get one from, members can give you Breeder referrals.

Good luck in your search.

Where do you have your pictures stored-on your computer or on a photo website?

·
Registered
18,124 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. So very sorry for the loss of your golden girl, it's so very hard losing them. I wish you much luck and happiness with your future puppy!

·
Super Moderator Leader
50,873 Posts
On my computer.
OK, thanks.

When you are making a post, select Go Advanced.

In the gray area above the white area where you type your post, select the paper clip icon. A window opens up, there you can browse the files on your computer to locate the picture(s) you want to upload. Select the picture, then select upload.

If the files take a long time to upload or you get an error message, you may need to reduce the size of the picture.

Below the area where you select the pictures and upload them, there is a section that tells you what files are accepted and the size limits.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome! I'm sorry for the loss of your girl, but 14 is something we aspire to!

Good luck with the photos and certainly keep us updated on the search!!!

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
I'm so sorry about the loss of your pup. It's never easy, especially after they have been with you for so many years. I completely understand wanting to find a new pup who looks similar to her; however, please try not to base your search solely on looks alone. You'll want to make sure that you find a responsible breeder who performs all health clearances (hips, elbows, eyes, and cardiac) and who is active in the breed, such as showing in conformation and/or competing in agility or obedience. There are many excellent, reputable breeders out there, but there are even more not so ethical breeders out there, so just make sure you do your research to ensure that you end up with the healthiest pup possible. It's hard, but sometimes you have to take your emotions out of it. Ask to see proof of those health clearances! Good luck in your search! I'm sure you'll find a great new pup. :)

Reactions: Grabitnow1

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Here's my Molly. Is she American or English type?
She's a golden retriever, LOL. Honestly, there is no real distinction between the two, other than goldens from the UK tend to be significantly lighter (almost white), but that is it. There is a difference between English and American Labrador retrievers, but a golden is a golden and they are not classified into different types. :)

Reactions: Grabitnow1

·
Registered
833 Posts
She's just beautiful!!!!
You can see how smart and special she was, her eyes really show it - I'm sure she's making the rainbow bridge even more special and having a wonderful time with all our Goldens there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts