Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Golden Newbie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! :wave:

My name is Sandy, and I'm a foster mom to a wonderfully goofy, sweet, intelligent Golden Retriever mix named Manchee. He's been with us for two months now, and we're going to adopt him soon! :D We couldn't be happier about this. I've wanted a Golden Retriever for a little while now, so when he was placed with us, it felt right. Hands down, he has the sweetest disposition I've ever seen! I've been reading that this is fairly common with Goldens. :)

I have a question for you Golden experts. Out of curiosity, are the different coat colors indicative of anything? Manchee's not a light golden, but almost a reddish golden. I've seen other Golden Retrievers this color, but they seem less common. Is there a reason for that, or is it just breeder preference (sort of like different-colored labs?)?

Anyway, thank you for having me. I'm sure I'll learn a lot!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
There are many shades of Golden's. I'll let some of the more experienced members go into more detail.

Congrats! welcome to the forum

Please share a picture.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,626 Posts
Congratulations and welcome.

Goldens come in a variety of colors and shades. I currently have a blonde girl and a medium gold colored boy. My bridge boy was a dark maghony red.

Here's a picture showing the different colors-

·
Golden Newbie
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, we are definitely a failed foster! Not only was this our first foster, Manchee is also our first Golden. :) Thank you for that link and that picture! Manchee is the darkest on the spectrum. I am completely enamored with him, if you can't tell. :) Here are some pictures of my boy:

·
Misty & Holly's Mom :)
8,164 Posts
What a handsome guy!!! I'm so happy for you all! :)

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Manchee

I can see why you love Manchee!
I'm sure he'll do fine any the extraction. Our Snobear did.
Maybe he'll eat some softer food for a few days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts