Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Nut Pup met the OBX and loved it! He didn't swim, he's still shy of losing his footing, but he ran in and out of the crashing surf and walked around the shallow Sound waters. He loved chasing the little birds and crabs too. As you'll see from the pics, we had the entire beach to ourselves. Heaven! Each day when we got back to the house, he'd crash poolside and sleep the afternoon away.
Dog Mammal Vertebrate Canidae Dog breed

Dog Mammal Canidae Ocean Beach

Dog Canidae Beach Dog breed Sea

Dog Canidae Beach Ocean Sea

Canidae Sporting Group Wildlife Carnivore Tail

Dog Mammal Canidae Dog breed Beach

Beach Sand Sky Sea Ocean

Beach People on beach Umbrella Vacation Sand

Dog Canidae Mammal Dog breed Carnivore

Dog Vertebrate Mammal Canidae Dog breed

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Thank you! I feel much better now:p:. Pic #7 is wonderful (they ALL are).

Did you go to the Avon Pier?
Or Risky Business Seafood?
Or Jockey's Ridge? (The Kite Festival?)

And I can attest to the empty beaches this time of year, fabulous stretches sans people.

Ike has now been blessed by the sea, it will be a yearly requirement.

I will never forget the look on Sade and Loo's faces when we topped the dunes and they first saw the ocean waves.
"Look Mom, it's BIG water and it wants to play!!!!"

:curtain:I'm sure you have more pics, greedy person that I am, lol

·
I've seen all good people
5,002 Posts
Wow, Ike looks like he had a blast!! :)

Love the pictures. The one with Ike roaring across the sand is great!!

Your beach certainly look a lot different than ours did! Can't believe how empty it was. I'll be looking in that area next year if we can do it again. But I won't tell anyone else. We want the beach empty like that too. LOL!

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you! I feel much better now:p:. Pic #7 is wonderful (they ALL are).

Did you go to the Avon Pier?
Or Risky Business Seafood?
Or Jockey's Ridge? (The Kite Festival?)

And I can attest to the empty beaches this time of year, fabulous stretches sans people.

Ike has now been blessed by the sea, it will be a yearly requirement.

I will never forget the look on Sade and Loo's faces when we topped the dunes and they first saw the ocean waves.
"Look Mom, it's BIG water and it wants to play!!!!"

:curtain:I'm sure you have more pics, greedy person that I am, lol
Yes to the Avon Pier. Hubby fished but no luck. He did snap a pic of the fish caught next to him. The 4th pic is from Avon pier looking South.
We stopped along the way to OBX and purchased crabs for our first meal, we ate out most nights.
I've added a sunrise shot from our upper deck, we were Sound Side, and a few beach shots.
Leg Fishing net Footwear Net Recreation

Sand Natural environment Beach Lighthouse Shore

Mason jar Drinkware Tableware

Body of water Sea Wave Ocean Water resources

Sky Sun Sunset Sunrise Afterglow

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
Ahhh, beautiful:). I've wanted to try Soundside, but am always persuaded to take Oceanside by the family.
Looks like you had beautiful weather. We went in May and a Nor'Easter blew in for 2 days, brrr.

·
Boudiga
4,102 Posts
*bawling*

i want! i want!

looks like it was a great time had by all

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
OMG... how glorious. With son and fam in Durham beginning next July, we just HAVE to do this !!!!!

·
Registered
5,649 Posts

·
Registered
5,347 Posts
ohh,what a wounderful pictures.Looks like you had a great time.

·
Registered
8,990 Posts
Paula I agree with Maribeth and #7 is my favorite:).

Ike sure has a big ol smile all of the time... what a great vacation. I bet he was seriously tuckered out at the end of every day.

We are going to make that trip some day!

·
IKE- Canine Blood Donor
12,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks everyone. It was so warm and sunny we hated to leave. Next year is too long a wait. To those who are heading to the Outer Banks for the first time, you will love it! To those considering heading a bit south to Avon, I think you'll like it. The beaches are much less crowded, even during the prime season...and they allow the dogs on the beaches all summer also. The northern beaches, Kitty Hawk and Nags Head, would only allow Sam on the beach in the mornings or evenings during prime season...so we moved south to the more accommodating beaches.

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Beautiful pictures. It looks like Ike really got to kick up his heels. I'm sure he loved all the freedom of romping on the huge beach. What fun for a pup.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts