Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jim will be undergoing open heart surgery today. Your prayers and thoughts would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
20,994 Posts
My husband is 4 weeks post-surgery today, so I know just how you are feeling. Jim and you will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

·
Registered
981 Posts
You will both be in my thoughts and prayers today.

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
Good thoughts and prayers being sent. My husband had valve replacement surgery 5 years ago. It's scary while they are going through it, but he felt so much better after the surgery was done.

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
Thinking of you and Jim today...

·
Registered
525 Posts
All - Received an update this morning on Jim's condition. Terry asked that I pass it along to you:

Jim came through surgery yesterday well and received a total of 4 by-passes. He is still in ICU and I am told he is doing well. The two short times I have been able to visit he has been sedated but all signs were good and going well. The nurse advised that when she first started trying to wake him up (around 1:00 am) he was disoriented and was kind of panicking (which she advised is normal for some patients coming out of anesthesia w/ tube down their throat) so she sedated him again to let him rest some more. She is bringing him out real slow and I just talked to her and at 5:15 said she almost has all of sedation meds turned off and he is on continuous pain meds. Visitation is very limited while in ICU but she said if things did not get busy she would try to sneak me back for a few minutes to see him at around 6:30. First regular visitation is not until 9:00 am.

Jim possibly could get out of ICU late today and moved to a room that I can stay in with but it is more likely to be tomorrow. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed he will be able to go home Sunday and if he does REALLY good, possibly even Saturday. I am staying up at the hospital and have family helping to feed the dogs. Unfortunately, they just don't understand where mom and dad are. It will be really hard for them when Jim first comes home as we will have to be real careful with any jumping and cuddling.

Edit: just saw Jim. He is awake and aware. He still has a breathing tube which will be coming out before we see him at 9:00.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts