Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If OFA # column says a text (for example, 'NORMAL') rather than a number, is it still verified?

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
I don't currently have a dog w prelims so I can't go look see if that's how it looks but I believe that is what you are talking about. Prelims are not found on breeding aged dogs.

·
Registered
Penny - GR born 11/3/2020
78 Posts
I think you’re referring to being on the k9data page right? And when you look there’s no clickable OFA number?

·
Registered
10,554 Posts
If you’re talking about k9data, I always verify results by copying the dog’s name or AKC number, going to ofa.org and verifying the result. If the OFA number is listed in k9data, I still click to verify. At least once, I found a discrepancy between k9data and the linked OFA number.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
maybe screenshot whatever page you're looking @ and send to one of us-

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
So, off to the left- does it have a number? A398F117-97AB-49D9-BBC4-8873090EC9A2_4_5005_c.jpeg like this?
if it does, then that is the clearance number. At the end of the number, if it says VPI it means the chip was verified.

·
Registered
9,353 Posts
OFA pages look like the one I put a thumbnail of.
AKC number on OFA is at the top of the page.
On the thumbnail, the GR-124009G24F-VPI is the bitch's OFA number for her hips. It translates as Golden Retriever (GR-) number 124009, Good, 24 mo female verified perm id. If you are seeing something else, send the whole page to someone PM if you don't want to do it publicly, and then can tell you if it's a prelim, or a real clearance, or something else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts