From the BBC:

• Wow
Reactions: njdglvr and Sankari
From the BBC:

See more
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Ramses, golden retriever bred in France 馃槅
This is terrible! Thank you for bringing this to attention. Who would have known that back yard breeding can now be influencing organized crime.

"This boned-up Gorilla is no joke he's extreme as they come," reads the description of Brandon Blockhead on Rayment's website. He has "one of the best headpieces we have ever seen all on a super short compact frame".

I can't get over this statement. These poor creatures enduring ear cropping, and ear cropping without anesthetic is just evil.

Super Moderator
So on the flip side of this is, are they using the dogs to make money instead of dealing drugs? I don鈥檛 understand the money laundering part of the article though

Registered
So on the flip side of this is, are they using the dogs to make money instead of dealing drugs? I don鈥檛 understand the money laundering part of the article though
Apparently yes they have switched from dealing drugs to "Dealing dogs" :( Obviously no health testing and it was written they are breeding these dogs to "extremes". She has a 29 min expose documentary and it was in the description in the link I attached below.

Super Moderator
Apparently yes they have switched from dealing drugs to "Dealing dogs" :( Obviously no health testing and it was written they are breeding these dogs to "extremes". She has a 29 min expose documentary and it was in the description in the link I attached below.

Thank you! I Will Watch th茅 documentary tonight. We have a lot of bully breeders in the US and for the most part I鈥檝e liked most of the ones I鈥檝e met. I obviously don鈥檛 know the intricacies of it in Europe or very much here honestly. Bullies comes in a wide variety of shapes and sizes for their kennel club and do have shows and stuff.

Registered
Thank you! I Will Watch th茅 documentary tonight. We have a lot of bully breeders in the US and for the most part I鈥檝e liked most of the ones I鈥檝e met. I obviously don鈥檛 know the intricacies of it in Europe or very much here honestly. Bullies comes in a wide variety of shapes and sizes for their kennel club and do have shows and stuff.
No problem - I didn't know about this either. I haven't watched it but because one of the former drug dealers dealing dogs is in jail I am thinking it's not happening in the "open" or it must be in layers of secrecy. I don't think this is like the average backyard breeder. It sounds a lot worse and since organized crime usually has very good networks extending to Europe as well. I will not be surprised if there are cases in Europe :(

Registered
Thank you, this is what I wasn鈥檛 sure about
Hardly an expert on laundering money, here. (I'm threadbare when it comes to having enough money that I would need to launder it.) However, my guess is they are using the dogs as a way to explain wads of cash. Purebred dogs prices are very high and records are minimal. They sell a dog to someone for $3K. They claim they sold it for 5K. Not only do they make a few thousand on the sale of the dog, they can now explain an additional 2K of income. They can also say the dog had 6 puppies instead of 2 puppies. They sell the 2 real puppies and claim income for selling 6 puppies. If they claim they sold 6 puppies for 5K apiece, that's 30K (minus the "clean" money they got for the real puppies) in dirty bills that can be explained away.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts