Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys!

This group has always been SO helpful for me - wondering if I can ask for some more help..

Registering my puppy and trying to find a good registration name. I never understood the registration name, but now after tons of reading I get it!

With this puppy we want to get more involved with AKC and hopefully with hunting competitions too.. we've got a great nose so far! So I want a nice registration name for her.

This is our female puppy we kept from our second litter.
Theme was 'rainbow'.
Mom's name is Alex-Allie Teal-Blue (yeah I didn't know anything about registration names when I registered her).
Dad is Webshire's Love Dare MH.
Mom's call name is Alex, Dad's is Dare.

Dare is a big hunting dog and comes from Webshire kennels here in WI. We do not have a kennel name, my last name is Teal. Our dog was 'Teal' in the rainbow litter and her call name today is Mia (Me-ah not my-ya). And Teal just so happened to be her color! We placed their colors on them in order of birth by rainbow haha.

Mia loves to be outside, loves the water, and loves to play with all dogs big and small - no fear! She was a more relaxed/chill puppy, but when she smells duck/bird/any kind of wildlife she goes nuts and gets right on that trail. She's a very sweet dog, but she is also independent (like her Mom). Anyways not sure if that helps spur some ideas.

Anyways, I've been thinking about this and I'm having a tough time... would love ideas!!! Thank you so much!!

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
Well, as far as I can tell the kernel name “Teal’s” is not currently being used nor is it a historically retired Kennel name.

So maybe:
Teal’s big dare no scare
Or
Teal’s Big dare of mine (Mia apparently mean mine)
Or
Teal’s fear MIA (works on two levels MIA for Mia and MIA for missing in Action.)

·
Registered
4,626 Posts
Bumping back up

·
Registered
840 Posts
I love thinking about names...

Hot on the Trail
Momma Mia My My
Lord Love a Duck (I think there's a least one Golden out there with this name, but it always makes me smile)
Duck Duck Goose
Hunt 'Em up
Teal's Got a Dog in the Hunt
Hunting High and Low
Blue Birds Fly
Rainbow Connection (great old Muppet's song)
Pot o' Gold
Chasing Rainbows
No Rainbow Without Rain
Stairway to Heaven
Teal's Rain and Sunshine
Sun Cloud and Storm
Hope and Promise
Laughter in the Rain
Hunting Leprechauns

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh wow!!! Thank you all!!!!

Sorry on such a delay - getting married next week and there has been lots to do!

I really love all of them! My favorite two are - Teal’s Big Dare of Mine & Teal's Alex is the Momma Not Mia! Anything with ABBA is also a win!

I think I'll probably go with Teal's Big Dare of Mia :)

Thank you thank you tank you!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts