Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
i love the name BOOMER....my 11month old goldie is named that! he is a gorgeous dog and i just know your goldie will have a friend for life!

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
I love Bernese Mt Dogs, they are one of my favs, and he is a beauty!!! And the name Boomer is perfect. (also my son's nickname that earned while learning to walk as a baby)!:wavey:

Nancy

·
Mom to Geddy and Sawyer!!
6,059 Posts
OMG... how exciting. Hubby and I were seriously considering getting a BMD, but ended up with our second golden instead. I wish you were close enough that we could meet your new little man!!! Please post lots of pics for us to see!!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What a beautiful dog, was this a planned adoption or did you go rescue hunting on your way to your new home?? I have to stay away from rescue pictures, I would have a houseful of dogs. LOL I have to say thou, Bernese Mountain Dogs were high on my list when looking for a new family member. A friend of ours has one, such great markings they have and a very loving dog.
Congrats !!
We fell in love with Berners 2 1/2 years ago while in Breckinridge on the vacation where we got engaged. We knew we wanted one eventually. Our first home was a bit small and we had my 11 year old Corgi and really wanted a Golden so we stopped after those 2 so we could foster without living in a dog park hehe.
We were fortunate enough to move to a home which was larger and so when we made the move we decided that when DH was done with job training (6 weeks in OK) we would try and find a rescue Berner.
While he was gone I contacted different rescues and did my homework. I found that getting a Berner from a shelter is no easy task (not that I'm complaining) and you have to be ready to jump.
Well my 25th B-day was Friday and the night before I had seen Boomer come onto petfinder, so I decided he was meant to be my b-day gift haha.
I was lucky enough to have a rescue friend in Columbia who was willing to go to the shelter Boomer and his brother were listed at to meet them for us. She went Fri morning and said that the one that was left was a sweetie and that a rescue had come and swept the other (Boomer) away that morning.
We put in an application for both and crossed our fingers. We heard back from Columbia Second Chance very quickly and they were happy to work with us despite being 6 hours away. They understood our scheduel and let us come right up on Sat to get him!
We were so lucky and I think it was meant to be!
I must commend Columbia Second Chance ... columbia2ndchance.org (I urge you to check it out) they were AMAZING to work with and we are forever grateful to them for grabbing up Boomer and letting us give him a forever home!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
it seems that we golden people are also attracted to the BMD's - looks like we are all helplessly, hopelessly in love with the big gentle giants!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Welcome Back

Welcome Back and tell Boomer he is adorable!!!

I want Boomer!!!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts