Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess I was about thirteen when visiting friends of the family, they also had two goldens similar to the two we had at the time. They had a beautiful piece of property with a gorgeous pond. It was late in the winter when all four dogs went after a squirrel that could be seen at the far edge of the pond. (Story kinda completes itself, doesnt it!). Two dogs went through the ice, 1 of mine and 1 of the family friends. The family had hired a yard maintenece company just weeks before and out of no where one of the men shoveling snow from the back deck came running down and straight to the boat house. After struggling to open the door he decided to go straight through it jumped into the row boat and then made the slow treck out to the middle of the pond where the dogs were becoming exhausted. He was able to save both animals and they returned safely to shore. Both dogs are now in the doggy bed in the sky but they were able to live out there lives due to a brave yardman, who yes, still holds the contract for the property maintenence....with a little annual bonus each year!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
This is actually a really cool story! That is so awesome that a complete stranger went and risked his own life to help out the dogs!

Reactions: HolDaisy

·
Registered
36 Posts
Maintenance guy would become part of our family if those were my dogs.
Nice story. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Walia

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Tribute to Jessie

I read your loving stories and decided to share my tribute to my friend Jessie​

JESSIE
21/2/92 - 27/8/04
My special friend and constant companion, who greeted me each morning with his bright eyes, a wagging tail and ready for a walk!​

How much I enjoyed our time together,our strolls on the beach,our long walks along the trail, our rides in the car and trips to the park- your animated face when the words ‘beach,food or a trip in the car’ was mentioned.

A placid sweet natured dog with a boisterous vivacious ‘Asha,’ tugging at your collar, sitting on your head, or nipping your ankles, - what a gentle dog you were !

Sharing your bed with Asha –two beautiful angels (when you were asleep)!

Your special antics of nudging the door to sneak inside, and pinch the cat’s food.

Jessie took delight in rolling in ‘smelly stuff’or rolling in seaweed on the beach, and walking thru puddles and came out wearing muddy boots!

Determined, slightly stubborn, to say the least- he had his own ideas which way we should head for our walk!

Such a gentle friend of little dogs,- and a sociable fellow, to stop for a pat from an admiring stranger.

Brave and uncomplaining, he always had with a special twinkle in his eye !!

A delightful puppy, a happy much loved dog, a true friend to the end, my Jessie.

Thanking for sharing your life with me,

A special angel in heaven to watch over Asha

Asha is a four year old retriever and we now have a new friend Hudson in our family - he is a five month old retriever, they bring great joy and love into our lives and Jessie is remembered every day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts