Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to see Up yesterday, and it was amazingly great. (Surprisingly sad at times, but in a way that pushes a grown-ups buttons and goes right over the kids' heads)

Dug the golden retriever was especially funny and spot on. "I just met you, but I love you...(pant, slobber)..Squirrel!!" Go see it.

I'm a hopeless credit watcher, and 10 minutes into the credits, was a Thank you to Dr. Ian Dunbar.
Turns out "the anti Cesar Millan" was a consultant on the production, in the same way French Laundry exec chef Thomas Keller helped out on Ratatouille, and my friend FOX director Artie Kempner consulted on Cars. This from director Pete Docter.

“There’s a great guy named Ian Dunbar who has tons of video of dogs, especially about social behavior and how they react to other dogs,” he says. “For instance, when dogs meet, whoever is the subservient dog is not supposed to look at the alpha dog, is supposed to look away and be still. And if they move there could be trouble. So we watched a lot of his videos, and a lot of the animators did their own studies, videotaping dogs. And we put all of that in the movie.”
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/entertainment/x702306188/Pete-Docter-knows-the-prescription-for-good-movies-and-its-on-full-display-in-Up

God is in the details, folks.

·
Jester & Piper's Mom
3,325 Posts
I was wondering if you saw it yet. I want to go see it on the big screen. It's sounds great!

It will be cool to watch how Dug's dog behaviors come to life! Thanks for the info!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts