Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I graduated with my puppy last night from Petsmart Puppy Kindergarten. I told the trainer there ahead of time that all I really wanted from the class was to get my dog used to working around other dogs, and checked to make sure it would be okay if I didn't follow their curriculum. So last night, after the other dogs showed off the skills they had learned in class (many of which I haven't yet begun to teach my pup), Flip and I got up and showed the tricks we have been working on: walking backwards, spin and twist, chase a treat and race back, tug a toy and release, etc.
Just wondering... Petsmart puppy kindergarten classes usually focus on sit, stay, down, come, etc. All pretty basic stuff. I'm curious why you chose to train your dog to walk backwards, spin and twist etc. before he had the basic stuff down. From the string of letters on your other dogs names, you've obviously spent a lot of time working on obedience training, so I'm sure there's a reason for it. I'm just curious as to what that reason might be.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Thanks for explaining!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.