Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
Melanie, am so sorry for your loss of Sadie, 16 years is a great age but that will not lessen the pain and the hurt that you will be feeling.

I know that she will now be making new friends at the bridge, and she will always walk beside you on silent paws

HIGH ON WHISPERED WINGS I FLY
A RADIANT STAR, I LIGHT THE SKY
TOWARDS THE SUN I SOAR SO FREE,
A BRILLIANT RAINBOW FOLLOWS ME.
I PULSATE THROUGH YOUR VERY SOUL,
AND IN MY PAWS YOUR HEART I HOLD.
THE DAY WILL COME WHEN YOU'LL FLY TOO,
I'LL BE HERE THEN TO WELCOME YOU.
UNTIL THE TIME WE MEET AGAIN,
I WON'T JOURNEY FAR MY FRIEND
FOR IN YOUR LOVE, I LIVE SO FREE
A BRILLIANT RAINBOW GUIDING ME. (ANON)

Run Free play hard and sleep softly Sadie

Thank you all so much for your kind words, i'm so glad to have found a site that is dedicated to our gorgeous doggys, it's really helped to ease some of the pain by sharing xx

This site helped me cope when i lost my Sadie she was my heart dog i don't know what i would have done without this site.

Oh Melanie, my heart goes out to you and you are in my thoughts during this sad time. Tears are coming down my face while I write this to you. It is so hard to lose our heart dog and Sadie was definitely loved by you and your family. Please keep coming to this site as it has helped me immensely since I lost my first Golden on Nov 28, 2011. The first week is the hardest and you may feel that you won't get through it...but you will - just with a lot of tears. Please do not fret or feel guilty that you could not be there to say goodbye. Sadie knows that you love her. And remember, she is in the air all around you - just close your eyes and think of her. When you do, imagine yourself kissing her forehead or scratching her ears....it will almost feel real....and may bring tears....but this is what we must go through to express the sorrow we feel after losing such a precious being from our lives. Everyone on this forum understands what truly amazing dogs Goldens are and really do feel for you and support you.

Rest in peace sweet Sadie. Say hello to my beautiful girl Muana when you see her.
You are both loved and incredibly missed by your families.

I am so sorry for your loss. Godspeed sweet girl.

Reactions: Melanie
So sorry Mel i can feel the pain you are going through but Sadie will be happy at the bridge i bet they all had Xmas dinner then all chilled out.

Run free, Sadie. Say hello to Joplin, Raleigh, Acadia, and Gus at the Rainbow Bridge.

Reactions: Melanie
I am so very sorry for your loss of Sadie. I am sure she is happy, free from any pain and young once again. Bless her and you, I know how much you miss her. I had to say good-bye to my little Doxie who was 16 1/2 this last month. It is just so sad and heartbreaking. Hugs to you.....

Discussion starter · #40 ·
I am so very sorry for your loss of Sadie. I am sure she is happy, free from any pain and young once again. Bless her and you, I know how much you miss her. I had to say good-bye to my little Doxie who was 16 1/2 this last month. It is just so sad and heartbreaking. Hugs to you.....
Sorry to hear about your little Doxie :-/ and thanks for your support, I feel much better these days as time has moved on, but every now and then it really hits me, and today is just one of them. Hugs to you too xx

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.