Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, i have a question, how much should a GR weight when is 4 months ? because simba is 4 and he weight 24 pounds, and i dont see him as tall as i see all the others GR. i went to a group class that they r giving around where i live, and the first thing the trainer said was "he is a tiny GR, really small" and i would think that she knows about GR because she have a 2 years old GR... am i feeding him the wrong way ? i give simba 3 cups a day of canidae.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
As long as he's healthy I wouldn't worry about anything... 3 cups a day should be plenty... Is he thin or just small?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hes healthy, but he is a little bit of both, but more small than anything else

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
He may just be a lean golden... They come in many shapes... Health is the most important thing so if he's healthy there's nothing to worry bout and your baby is perfect the way he is :) Do you have pics??? I'd love to see them :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just took some like 5 min ago, ill post it in a lil bit

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
HE'S GREAT!!!!! Aw I love him :D He looks very healthy to me and just looks like he'll be long and lean when he's older :) Looks perfect! Here's my 12 weeks baby Kahuna!

Attachments

Reactions: Tavito1107

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Based on their genetics they will grow at their own rate, just like we do. Some grow very fast then seem to level off, some slowly grow a little each month. We can't do anything about their genes, but we can keep them lean as they grow to let the bones grow and close without the extra weight that can cause hip problems.

Coop was the smallest in his litter, weighed 8 lbs at 8 1/2 wks when we got him. At his 4 1/2 mo check up & last shots he was 41.6 lbs. Our class trainer said he was smaller too when he started classes at 10 wks, bet she will be surprised to see him in January when classes resume. So we have gone from him being called "smaller" to the Vet saying he was HUGE. Beats me, I just try to keep him lean and learning!

The forum people say that they usually end up close to the parents size and height. Do you know what the parents weigh or did you get to see them? I would think your babe is on his own schedule and honestly the slower the better for the bones.

Reactions: Tavito1107

·
Registered
169 Posts
My Annie is small too! 34 lbs at six months, but the vet says she is healthy and well proportioned. Just think of him as a better lap dog, and less fur to clean up! Lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no i didnt get to see his parents, thats why i have a concern, today he weight 29 pounds! and the vet said that he looks really good. so im happy with that :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts