Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was poop picking in the back yard a few days ago and was just thinking, "wow, it's so much easier doing this in the freezing cold than on a hot sunny day... not smelly, not mushy, no fears of stepping in one that I missed..." And then I tried to pick one up (with a double bagged hand) that was frozen to the ground, and as I'm pulling, my grip slipped and my middle finger scraped all the skin on the inside of my thumb that actually started bleeding! :( How embarassing.

I grabbed a stick and kicked it against all the rest of the land mines out there to make sure it wouldn't happen again!

Please tell me I'm not alone...???

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
<giggle> sorry couldn't help myself!
I used a pooper-scooper...but have been known to 'kick' a frozen turd and hurt my toe!
(FYI 'Crocs' are not good ****-kickers!)

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
a couple of winters ago my husband was snow-blowing a path in one of our outside exercise areas here at the pet hotel. The snow blower apparently picked up a poopsicle, threw it full force against the fence, and it ricochetted (sp?) off the fence and whapped him right in the side of the face. Raised a nasty welt, too.
I laughed so hard I cried. Funny, he didn't ?? ;)

·
Tracer, Rumor & Cady
10,683 Posts
OMG...I would have been on my knnes laughing....my sincere apologies to your dear husband...something about flying poop just brings out my underdeveloped, juvenile, sense of humor :doh:

a couple of winters ago my husband was snow-blowing a path in one of our outside exercise areas here at the pet hotel. The snow blower apparently picked up a poopsicle, threw it full force against the fence, and it ricochetted (sp?) off the fence and whapped him right in the side of the face. Raised a nasty welt, too.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I am ashamed to admit that I am sitting here chuckling and chortling just remembering it....

OMG...I would have been on my knnes laughing....my sincere apologies to your dear husband...something about flying poop just brings out my underdeveloped, juvenile, sense of humor :doh:

·
Loving goldens since '95
7,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm so sorry for your DH! :( I'm having a really hard time trying to contain myself here at work!

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,079 Posts
HAHAHAHA!!!! I'm so sorry for your DH! :( I'm having a really hard time trying to contain myself here at work!
You and me both!!!!

·
Registered
10,557 Posts
OMG-I am laughing so hard right now! You can never, ever tell your husband you told the Forum, and what our reaction was!!

·
Mandy's Mom
1,488 Posts
Good one, Barb.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
One day just this past summer, I was mowing the lawn and DH was cleaning the pool. I had my iPod on, so I wasn't really paying too much attention to what I was doing. I was just pushing the lawn mower straight ahead and I didn't notice the giant mountain of poop that was straight ahead of me and ran right over it. Poop went flying everywhere. I got whacked in the face and arms and a large piece flew over and hit DH right on the nose. It definitely wasn't funny at the time! :doh:

·
Registered
12,755 Posts
One day just this past summer, I was mowing the lawn and DH was cleaning the pool. I had my iPod on, so I wasn't really paying too much attention to what I was doing. I was just pushing the lawn mower straight ahead and I didn't notice the giant mountain of poop that was straight ahead of me and ran right over it. Poop went flying everywhere. I got whacked in the face and arms and a large piece flew over and hit DH right on the nose. It definitely wasn't funny at the time! :doh:

Omg you guys, I am laughing so hard over here!!

·
Winchestersonfieldville
1,328 Posts
These are the funniest stories! I would much rather pick up poop in the winter months though than the warm months. So much easier. Who knew they were so dangerous though? LOL

·
Registered
958 Posts
This has got to be the funniest thread I've read in a while.

We've been getting hammered with snow the past couple days and most of the poops here are now buried treasure...we may not see them until spring...unless the dogs decide to go digging for "puppy truffles":yuck:.

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
There was also the time back in October when DH and I were out in the front yard raking leaves and we had Tucker out with us on his long tie out and he somehow managed to get all tangled up in a tree. I went over to untangle him and he started jumping up on me trying to get me to play. He had apparently just pooped and had buried it under a bunch of pine needles. I slipped on it and fell face first into the tree. I got up and had poop all over my leg and had blood all over my face from lacerating it on the tree. To make it worse, several of our neighbors were also outside doing yard work and saw the entire thing. I couldn't even look at them. DH was in tears from laughing so hard. Who knew poop could be so dangerous???

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Funny thread, at least you are all just dealing with poopsicles which I agree can be dangerous.

I get to deal with mousesicles, and molesicles - Hurley digs them up, brings them to me to get warm cause the cold ones don't play with him Ewwwwwwwww!

·
Went Rogue...
599 Posts
Imagine the insurance claim paperwork as it made it's way through the system?

"Hey look here Marge, someone here is claimin' they was hurt by a popcicle - DENIED! Ahahaha!

And the numbnuts couldn't even SPELL it right, they durned spelled it POOPCICLE! Now if THAT ain't the craziest thing that I ever seen in this here place, I dunno what is!"

Right now (for the second time this winter, arrgh!) it requires heavy equipment to pick 'em up here because we have had rain on snow. The entire dog yard is a moonscape of lumpy-bumpy ice and those stinking-steamers just burn their way into the ice. Sometimes I can "peel" them out with the scooper, the rest of them it takes a shovel to bust 'em out and then go back with the scooper to pick 'em all up.

It's a workout!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
Geez Bear, I didn't even think what would have happened had my husband needed to seek medical treatment!
You got hit by a WHAT????
LOLOLOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts