Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, Sophie went to her second week class. For the first time she get too distracted and little overexciting that made me repeatedly command her to sit. She is very smart girl but overexciting usually ignore my command. At the end of class, the trainer spoke to me in private that he was concern about how I said. He told me that he sometime heard me saying "****" instead of sit. I was surprised that he thought I said this word and felt embarrassed! :doh: I explained to him that my pronounce was not always perfect due to my hearing loss since I was born and never intention to say this bad word. I also told him I could accident added "h" sound when trying to raise my voice to get her attention could made it sound like that haha. He totally understood that and thank goodness there are no children in class!

·
Kristy
9,483 Posts
Don't you worry, we all have our stories and yours is a good one :) Keep working with your pup and don't give up. She will be the star of her class if you just keep practicing daily. Do you have time to get there early and give her time to play or just observe? Any extra time she gets may help her settle some. You could even try popping in to practice or watch on nights you don't have class.

Love the story :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I did have time to arrive early before the class start by having her play with other puppy to burn up some of her energy. I believed it had to do with other puppy who constantly barking that cause her get distracted. She was very focus and motivate at home when there was no dogs around.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts