Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

I took Ivy back today

1K views 22 replies 18 participants last post by  Hurley'sMommy 
#1 ·
I picked her up at 6.

She was very happy to see me.

People suck.

This picture is from when I fostered her the first time.

She now has no hair. They let her get eaten alive by fleas. But, she has lost a lot of weight (a good thing, she was morbidly obese. She still is, but much better).

She has a bad limp. Hope it's not osteo. Now that she's lost some weight, I feel lots of tumors, including mammary (even though she was spayed years ago).

So, we'll see.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Thank goodness you got her back. How did you find out? Did they call you? Poor girl, I know with love and your great care she will get well.

#5 ·
Poor darling. I hope all her problems go away now that you have her back.

You're right some people do suck, but then there are the good ones out there who only want what is best for the animals - like you!

#9 ·
Oh Jenna, I am so sorry to hear this. How did you find out she needed to come back to you? I know that you will nurse her back to health and find her a great furever home. Poor baby, she is so lucky to have you as her guardian angel. Please keep us updated on her.

#10 ·
The more people I meet
the more I like my dog!!!

She's sure lucky to have someone like you in her life.

Pete

#11 ·
I HATE it when people "rescue" a dog and then treat them like that!!!!
Makes me so angry!!!!!

Poor Ivy!!!! So glad you have her back, Jenna!

GRRIN has had a few returns and we ALWAYS want them returned rather than abused, neglected or taken to a shelter or dumped but GEESH, people don't "rescue" a dog if you aren't going to love and cherish them!

#13 ·
I suspect they were dishonest with me about their financial situation. I don't think they beat her or anything, but they definitely did not take care of her properly. I don't get burned often, but it does happen. Sometimes people have the best of intentions, too. The good thing is, they called me. I had been asking about her every week or two, as well. But they contacted me out of the blue yesterday and asked if I could take her back.

She is definitely so happy now! We're going to the vet Friday (Brook too) and I will keep you all posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.