Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've been working with the bell for just over a week now, and we've only had him 2 weeks, but I'd say Murphy is pretty well potty trained. I'm sure there will still be accidents, but for the last 2 days, he's rang the bell EVERY time he has to go potty. Sometimes even just to go out and chew on a stick, lol. I'm so proud of him! :p:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Congratulations! That is quite an accomplishment!! Do you mind sharing your technique using the bell?

We will bringing home our little bundle of fur just after Christmas and so I have spent the last few weeks scouring these boards. I figure I better get my time in now as I might need to nap when the puppy does. ;)

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I strung jingle bells onto a long string and hung it from the back door. Every time I took him out, I hit his paw or nose on the bells. After a few days he would hit it on his own while I was standing next to it before we went out. A few days later and here we are! Can't wait to see pics of your new baby!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks MurphysMom, he will be one of these 6 bundles of fur. Now is a great time to locate some bells, I'm sure they are all over the stores. Did you just use his paw to bat the bells if you were carrying him in your arms as you walked by?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh how cute!!!!! Oh I just want to hug them all!!

Also, yes, even when I was holding him I just touched his paw against the bells enough to make the sound. I found the bells at Walmart in the craft section, but I also saw some in the Christmas section. They are about the size of a nickel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts