Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

41 - 60 of 597 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I'm so sorry, I know how hard this is. Most of us here understand how you are feeling, and please know we are there with you in spirit. Many, many prayers are being said tonight for Tesia. Sending caring and positive thoughts your way!

·
AAARF!
2,216 Posts
Your post made me cry. I feel so bad for you and Tesia, and I understand what you are going through. It's so hard when you offer food that they normally would be thrilled to eat and would just gobble up..but they don't.

Thank you for posting her picture. What a sweet sweet girl.

Please know you and Tesia are in my thoughts and prayers.

·
Registered
193 Posts
So sorry for the pain you are both going through. It is such a difficult time, as many of us on this forum know and understand.

Have lit a candle for you both

·
Registered
326 Posts
There are no words which will ease your pain, but having been through this agony with both May and Alice recently, these are my thoughts.

You have loved Tesia with all your heart and given her the best life you could possibly have done.
The pain will feel unbearable sometimes, but you will bear it.
At a point in the not too distant future there will be a glimmer of light and the beginning of a lessening of the pain.
We cannot have the joy of a dog in our life without accepting that there will be an end to our time together. Ultimately we all have to say goodbye.

I write this with tears streaming down my face - tears for you, Tesia and my girls. It's inescapable - when you love there will always be pain.

Please try to draw strength from all the love and understanding which is sent to you from round the world. My thoughts will be with you.

Love and hugs,

Lyn

·
Ingrid, Now Mom to Brisby
1,111 Posts
I am so sorry that it has come to this. Remember that wise souls among us tell us, "Better a day too soon than a day too late. Tesia knows that you love her dearly and that you have fought for and with her with all that you have. Nobody could have done more.

Hold her close tonight. Soak up the smell of her. Clip a lock of her fur to cherish forever. Try to hold your tears until she is gone. And I do know how bitterly hard that is.

When the time comes, draw strength and courage from your love for her. You accept your own pain in freeing her from hers. That is the ultimate gift of love.

Holding Tesia and you gently in my heart and in my prayers.
Lucy
More than beautifully said, that I can't add anything but echo the above and say that your heart will guide you.

My love goes out to you and your precious Tesia...I and many of us know exactly what you are going through.

I am so sorry.....

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I am so sorry- my heart is aching and so heavy for you right now. (((HUGS))). I'm praying for you to find clarity and peace with the heavy decisions you will be making.

·
Registered
672 Posts
{{{{{HUGS}}}} Oh, I so know what you are going through. I really really do. Even if she is not eating, is she drinking? Can you get a large syringe and squirt water in her mouth? Will she swallow?

Hug her close, memorize her smell, and make her as warm and comfortable as you can.

Just remember that if you do have to say goodbye, Mazlon will be waiting at the Bridge wagging and smiling ready to show her all the best sunny places and places to chase butterflies.

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
Oh bless you both, I am so so sorry. I truly know how you feel and there are no words to comfort you but please know we are all here for you. Our love for our babies is unlimited and unconditional as theirs is for us and part of that is having to make that awful but completely unselfish decision to help them to the bridge and stop their suffering worsening. She will always be by your side, in your heart and in your mind, always and forever a part of you and your life. So many of us here have babies that are at the bridge and will welcome her and look after her, including my Cracker. There's no 'goodbyes', just 'until later' ..you have had so many life journeys together and now she will make another with your help but I know letting go is so so hard. I took a deep breath inwards of Crackers fur smell, knowing that I could keep a part of her with me and I can still smell her when I close my eyes and think of her. It sounds in your post that your heart is almost already making the decision and she is letting you know she's tired. I hope whichever way you decide you both find peace and that your time together now is extra special and sweet.
Thinking of you and already shedding tears. Big hugs to you both and more care and thought than you can imagine x

·
David-Ben & Jeris Dad
281 Posts
Your words brought back a flood of memories for me..I am so sorry for you and your beautiful Tesia. Many here have gone through what you are now..My thoughts are with you and your loved ones furry and human...I know the great sadness you are facing but try and think of the positives..all the love and happiness she has brought you all these years..you will never loose that..

·
Registered
20,992 Posts
I'm so very sorry. Sending hugs, prayers, and good wishes.

·
Kate
20,621 Posts

Looking at these pictures, I can't help but feel you still have time... she is such a beautiful sweet girl. My heart goes out to you - I know there is absolutely no comforting words at this time. I only can say very strongly that the moment you feel it is time, do it for her. And even if it is her time, she will always be with you. And keep her close in your heart positively and happy and carry on.

I was showing my sister the latest birthday video I made for Jacks and she began crying remembering those feelings she felt for her Sammy, as well as seeing glimpses of Sammy in Jacks especially visible in many of the pictures.

Things will be OK. Be strong.

·
Registered
16,393 Posts
Tramadol makes Finny so queasy, and also my human friend Teri gets a very upset stomach from it. Do you think she could switch to a Fentanyl(sp) patch?

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
So sorry, it is hard letting them go, but we all have to do it, because we love them so much, they depend on us to help them,you have done everything any one could had possible done,you will know when it is time.

41 - 60 of 597 Posts