Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!

I made an earlier thread about my eight month old having fishy breath. He also has not been eating as much as normal and has been kind of depressed. After trying to narrow down the cause I did finally look in his mouth. On his left side in the very back on his biggest molar on top there is a black spot that I could not scrape off. Is it possible for a puppy this young to have a cavity? I did make a appointment for the vet but I am just dumbfounded that this is even possible in a puppy so young. Has anyone had this happen before?

·
Registered
7,639 Posts
It's very unlikely. Dogs don't generally get 'cavities'.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nope I didn't think it was likely either. I gave him some rawhide and when I checked it again today the black spot was gone! Turns out he had been chewing on a piece of black plastic. Still has the fishy breath tho....hmm...

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Nope I didn't think it was likely either. I gave him some rawhide and when I checked it again today the black spot was gone! Turns out he had been chewing on a piece of black plastic. Still has the fishy breath tho....hmm...
Do you brush his teeth and tongue? That helps a lot. There are also dental chews and gels.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts