Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a member here for ages, but I keep forgetting.:p:

My name's Jess, I live in the deepest darkest depths of Devon in England. I've had many breeds of dogs over the years, but my most recent addition has been a rescued Golden Retriever. I've had Border Collies for most of my life, to work, and I'd always loved the look of a GR working, so had always wanted one.

I got her a year and a bit ago, after a family decided to hand her and a labrador over to rescue as they weren't getting along with the new lab puppy.:confused:

Well, their loss is my gain, because Teak is everything I could have hoped for in a GR!

I do competition obedience, and at Teak's first competition she won straight out of a class of 42 dogs. I have traced her breeder, and she's a great lady. Teak is a working bred Golden Retriever and so is unusual looking in this country due to being finer, darker and slightly smaller than your average British GR.

Enough of my rambling, here's a couple of photos. The red BC is my beloved Chili. They're good pals!

A photo from after she won her first obedience class.

Here's one of Chili, she's my special little poser!:p:

I've been on many forums, but never written an intro post, hope this is ok and I haven't posted too many photos!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Your Teak (I was going to use that name one day) is gorgeous. Great pictures of him having a blast. You will never be told you post too many pictures on this forum!:p::p:

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Welcome,
Teak is beautiful and sounds very talented too. That family doesnt know what they are missing. I love your Chili and she looks like she is a clown and keeps you laughing. You can never post to many pictures here or talk to much and you might even get hooked like alot of us.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum :wavey:

Well it may have taken you forever to post but at least you learned while lurking that photos would be expected. ;)
Good job! Teak appears pleased as well.

·
Kim & Flora
6,104 Posts
Both dogs are gorgeous, but Chili's expressions in those pics are PRICELESS! Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Mom to 9 :)
2,383 Posts
Both of your babies are great looking! Teak looks like she's about to take off when those ears go up. I bet they have the best time together.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Welcome to our forum and thanks for your introduction and also for posting photos,...
Both your dogs are gorgeous and they seem so genuinely happy. Please keep coming back with more stories and pictures.

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
Good looking family!

Welcome to the Forum--

keep in mind that "posting too many photos" is more the norm rather than the exception around here! :) And we LOVE that!

SJ

·
Momma to angel Cody
5,044 Posts
Wonderful photos of your good-looking pups. It is so unusual to see a golden in the UK with Teak's build and color....you must get loads of comments on her at the shows.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is so unusual to see a golden in the UK with Teak's build and color....you must get loads of comments on her at the shows.
I do get a lot of comments. I've also had some funny unprompted breed guesses, one person thought she was a red setter, and another asked if she was a long haired labrador.... :no: Everyone is amazed when I say she's a golden retriever.

Thanks guys, you seem like a lovely bunch. :D

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Welcome!! You have the breeds I love, Goldens and BC's. Nice looking crew and
great pictures. Congratulations on 1st place. GREAT job.

·
3 goldens
11,695 Posts
HELLO AND WELCOME FROM THE COAST OF TEXAS. I LOST MY LAST FULL GOLDEN TO CANCER LAST MAY, KayCee WAS 8 YRS. 9 MONTH OLD. BUT I STILL HAVE MY BELOVED ADOPTED GOLDEN MIX, HONEY, WHO TURNE 7 IN DEC.

YOU HAVE 2 BEAUTIFUL DOGS THERE. WE HAVE A BC DOWN THE STREET THAT IS ABOUT `12--HAVE KNOWN HER SINCE SHE WASA PUPPY--AND KAYLA IS A LOVE AND LOVES ATTENTION AS MUCH AS A GOLDEN. WHEN SHE WAS LITTLE WHEN YOU GAVE HER ATENTION SHE WOULD ROLL ONTO HER BACK---AND PEE ALL OVER HERSELF.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts