Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I had a humbling, informative, and enlightening conversation today with Brianna Bischoff.
Brianna is a co breeder on my Pickle, along with Lisa Malinak & Terri Galle.
I truly didn't realize the hurt I have created by breeding Pickle.
I do realize now I was very wrong in what I did. I APOLOGIZE SINCERELY to Pickles Co Breeders.
I've not had a breeder take the time like Brianna did today to just discuss this issue.. Not judge me, just help me understand.
So, I know ALOT OF You Are Furious with me...But I can't do anything but move forward...
Pickle will go back in and have her hips, elbows & eyes evaluated. If she doesn't pass she will be a beloved
pet and stay with us just like Blondie.
Blondie is now spayed. Her son Charlie will go for his OFA work when he is age appropriate.
I'm encouraged by Brianna's understanding and offer to help me along the way with my Golden dreams.
That's not anything I've had before. Again, Lisa, Brianna & Terri...
I Sincerely Apologize & will move forward & try to repair the damage I've done.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
So- some questions-
HAVE you already bred Pickles to Charlie?
You come from the horse world, right? And you were mentored earlier in your 'breeding career' by the breeder of one of your girls breeders- Blondie- I remember Blondie, remember when she was needing majors, and can see she had full clearances, so you do know 'the rules'.... and to have bred Blondie to Chase, who had DJDIII quite clearly posted on k9data by prior owner....well, that makes me wonder about this post that seems to be a 'I didn't know' thing when it does seem like you SHOULD know.
Damage has been done to several breeders' programs- not mine, of course, so you might wonder if it is any of my business in the first place even.. but I think it is. If one loves this breed, one does the best for the dogs they breed and for the people who trust them to produce safe bets. I hope you have NOT bred Charlie to Pickles. And I hope you will initial the form for Pickles' OFA results (though I understood from multiple breeders you HAD had OFAs done and decided not to submit them as she was obviously going to fail, and that she had a cataract also)... I hope you now know that everyone is connected and whether we like each other personally or not, good breeders all want the best for the breed and we all dislike when someone is clearly taking advantage of puppy people whose trust should not be put in the hands of anyone who does the wrong thing repeatedly.
I do not think this is a case of 'I didn't know'. And I am sorry I feel that way.

·
Puddles
3,824 Posts
I'm not a breeder so no fear of stepping on anyone's toes in the breeding community. I'm one of those many people that search for reputable breeders to insure a healthy puppy.... one of the many that wants to put their trust in the breeder I'm giving thousands of dollars to. Your actions have violated this trust and shameful because they were deliberate. To breed an underage... puppy that was acquired under the agreement to neuter deserves more than an apology to the co-owners. These dogs have a legacy behind them... many, many kennels / breeders that have worked very hard to maintain and improve the breed. I can't even imagine the disappointment they must feel knowing how their offspring is being used in an unacceptable breeding program. The least you can do is be accountable for your decisions to breed.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts