Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been studying for final exams the past two weeks solid. The boys are getting pretty fed up with it and becoming restless. It is a little too cold for my liking to play fetch outside for an hour so we have been playing hide and go seek inside the house with the tennis ball. I have had to become more and more creative with my hiding spots because Butters' giant snout can sniff out a tennis ball in 30 seconds flat if you don't hide it well enough - and hiding the ball once a minute doesn't help my need to study.

SO ANYWAY, this morning I hid the tennis ball in one of the guest bedrooms underneath some of the decorative pillows on the bed. WELL, apparently when he jumped up there to get the ball it fell down below the comforter and sheet a little ways and he started going NUTS on the comforter. He dug a hole completely through the comforter and a sheet to get to the ball!!!! He was only gone for about 15 minutes and I could hear him in the back jingling around but it certainly didn't sound like he was digging his way to CHINA!

So when I went back down the hallway to hide the ball again, I saw a line of fluffy white stuff strewn everywhere... I was confused for a minute but then I figured it out... I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER!!! I know how obsessive he is about his tennis ball and will do anything to get to it... never again. :bowl::bowl::bowl:

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I could just imagine the scene, lol- I bet his tail was a waggin'! :)

Sounds like you'll be second guessing your hiding spots from now on!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh yes, he was so proud of himself when he brought it back... little did I know what an adventure it had been to retrieve it :doh:

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Never say never!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Last year I went on a camping trip with my husband and kids. My mother-in-law lives with us so we opted to leave Russ home with her. Two days later she called me on my cell to inform me that Russ had EATEN my carpet. Where the carpet meets the tile he ate a big piece. I almost died!!LOL. I have not even paid off the rug yet, it's a new house and I had the rug upgraded. I came home and he ran into the family room and hid. I fixed it best I could(Not Great and bought a pretty rug to put over it. One day when I sell the house I will have to get it fixed. I figured it was my fault in a sense. I took his family away and Nana sleeps most of the day away. He was probably sad and lonely. That better be the reason!LOL. Because I let him off the hook.LOL LOL.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts