Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks back I asked when to know it’s time to say goodbye and I received amazingly helpful, kind and supportive comments.

This morning the time came. Our family is just heartbroken. Our other dog is confused and sad. But we know we made the right decision. I miss him so much and it is so strange to just feed one dog and walk one dog. I didn’t realize how much time we (happily) spent making accommodations for Buddy and now things are just empty.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply to me when I posted. It was immensely helpful ❤

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
I am so sorry for your loss of Buddy. They leave a big hole in our hearts and homes. You loved Buddy well and gave him a good life. Try and keep your thoughts on the happy times you shared.

Reactions: sophieanne

·
Registered
7,331 Posts
I am very sorry for your loss of sweet Buddy. In time may the wonderful memories you have of sweet Biddy bring some comfort to you and your family. May he Rest In Peace.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thank you for giving Buddy a wonderful life and going the extra mile to make sure he was comfortable as his time was approaching. You can rest with peace knowing Buddy new you loved him and he was grateful for everything you did for him. As Golden lovers here, we all share your loss having been there before. I hope time is your friend and you feel better soon.

Godspeed to Buddy

dlm ny country

·
Super Moderator Leader
48,173 Posts
I am so very sorry for your loss of Buddy.
Take the time you need to grieve, to let your heart heal and to find peace.
Be there for your other dog, it's heartbreaking to see what they go through too.

Godspeed Buddy

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I'm so very sorry for your loss of Buddy. It's never long enough.

Sending thoughts of comfort for you and your family.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I am so sorry for the loss of your Buddy. Like others have said it's hard whether it is or isn't expected. I've been in that lost space, where you're feeding or walking 1 dog..it feels horrible. Just keep those good memories real close and focus on giving your other dog lot and lots of extra love. It's hard on all of you. Take it one day at a time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts