Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,628 Posts
The bradford pears down here are starting to blossom and my oaks and maples are budding out. I hope we get a good cold snap soon or the trees are going to be in really bad shape come spring time.

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
A lot of these early plants are equipped to go back into dormancy when it gets cold again. Sometimes the daffy leaves get a bit brown from the frost but they should be frost hardy as a plant. I don't know about the pear trees but I think they bloom before leaves so hopefully they'll go dormant with the cold again too. Otherwise....:(

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
My oregano is going crazy and our grass is green! Green in January--that's a first for us! I think the plants here are a little confused after the long, hot and excessively dry summer.

·
Kate
21,676 Posts
Our daffs always come up later in the spring for whatever reason.

Here, the first things to pop out of the ground are the crocuses and day lilies. And they are all still buried in the frozen ground.

I'm really just worried about my roses coming out of dormancy.

And more trees falling over in the wind today. :(

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am worried as to what this will do to my roses. Up and down temps are worse on roses than a bitter cold winter!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I've seen forsythia in bloom the last week or so, and some rhododendron and azaleas have started to bud. The cold snap that is expected this week should put an end to the seasonal confusion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts