Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Well to be honest I need some help with Lora.
To begin with she is almost 4 months old and she is still biting and shewing left and right, mostly on my feet. Sometimes I would say it is out of control, sometimes if I move my feet away to quickly she is even growling???
Tonight after giving her a bath she went completely nuts running around the apartment with 100mph literally. After about 10 min she just went to the cage and fell asleep in her bed. Is this normal???
Other than those two issues she is very good, there are absolutely no accidents around the house, she know how to shake, give fives, sit in one corner of the room, while I am sitting in the other until I make her come.
I would say she is pretty good other the two issues I mentioned at the beginning.
Thanks for all the help!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It sounds like you have a perfectly normal golden puppy there to me. For the biting I've had the best luck with letting out a loud OUCH and offering a toy. (You need lots of toys handy but I'll bet you already have a stockpile) It is a very normal phase but it will pass I promise.

As for the bath what you witnessed is a very normal case of "After Bath Zoomies". Best advice for these is to grab your camera and stand clear. :p:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Try spraying Bitter Apple or something like it on your feet and see if Lora will leave your feet alone. You have a normal puppy!

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
All normal! The chewing and biting will let up when she gets her adult teeth. She probably will start loosing her baby teeth soon. The running around after her bath is what is affectionately know as the "zoomies". If you do a search there storied and even some hilarious videos! My guy gets the zoomies every morning after breakfast.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I think I am getting the feeling that she is just normal, I mean just look at those pics :)

while I was busy on the computer she was busy with my right foot

Her face after I said NO, NO

Lora: "just turn around man, I get my favorite foot again" LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, I love the forum, I found some very good info about food and also other important aspects of having a puppy!

·
Registered
20 Posts
OMG!! Lora is absolutley adorable!! My Cooper (a little over 5 mos.) is the same exact way. He "mouthed" a lot in the beginning, stopped for a little while with constantly correcting by saying "Don't bite!", and now he is doing it again while we find his teeth all over the house. As for the "zoomies", yep, he does it too! It's the funniest thing ... even if he is pooped from the dog park, after his bath, he is a crazy boy for about 15 mins, then passes out! :) Have fun with it, and take lots of pictures (actually video is even better ... we just crack up laughing at them).

·
New Dad
254 Posts
I did a double take on your photo because Laura looks exactly like Honey in that pic of Loras face. OMG. There about the same age and look like sisters. Although Lora looks like she weighs about 5-10 pounds more than my girl, which is a good thing becuase Honey is thin.

·
New Mommy
6,139 Posts
She's a little doll and sounds perfectly normal. JOY is 12 years old and still gets the zoomies (I love it !)

·
Registered
6 Posts
The most important thing is to be consistent and have patience. Its happening to all of us.
My almost 3 months old white pupp is doing all those thing plus eating the wall for some reason. Firm NO, with ouch combined helps 90% of the time, giving him toy also. Sometimes especially in the mornings he is just to hiper-active.
Give her lots of love and patience, i hope it will end for us soon :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
Lora is a doll!! Maggie turned four months this week. We've had many days recently where the biting was nearly nonexistent. But not today. So we've done all that's been suggested: bitter apple, yelling ouch (that worked really well a month ago, not so much now), startling her with a can filled with pennies and then redirecting her (that's working better this month)... so keep trying things. Tonight I've already given Maggie three ice cubes to chomp on because she seems to be having a bad teething day. She has lost some already.

And yes, the zoomies. Maggie just finished a round of them!! Enjoy!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I will have to say the biting thing is driving us nuts. The target is mostly the children since they are on level with her and so she loves to "bite" them, then they scream and run and the fun is on. At least in her eyes. I use the bitter apple tip. Just the site of the bottle make her back away. I will say there are times when she becomes really pushy about playing and will bite and pull on clothing. I just shut up her in the laundry room for a little calming down. I do see little signs of hope. She will now sit quietly with me on the couch. She will listen some of the time. So after the past sixteen weeks I hope we are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. One thing that we have found that we have to do is play, walks and play. It has rained alot here, so her walks have been short and sweet, so we have done lots of playing in the living room. I can really tell the difference when she doesn't have her walks. This board has really given me support.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've also had same experience with Soda! I read somewhere that the running around like the speed of lightning is called a FRAP -- something like frantically running around puppy! Soda still has these "fraps" at 11 months old. It's hilarious to watch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts