Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i m trying to change political law so that psyservice dog are financed in part by gouvernement .

to do so of course i need solid studies that prooves that is it relevant, and working well.

could you guys share me links of such studies? tx

i need scientific studies to proove the efficacy of psychiatric dog for panic attack anguish crisis, isolation

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
This is like super quick round up so you'll have to read through the actual papers and see if it meets your needs:

Preliminary efficacy of service dogs as a complementary treatment for posttraumatic stress disorder in military members and veterans - PubMed (nih.gov)

The effect of a service dog on salivary cortisol awakening response in a military population with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) - ScienceDirect

2018_Rodriguez_DR_S1Survey.pdf (purdue.edu)

Pilot Study of the Effects of Service Dogs on Mental Health and Wellness in War Veterans with PTSD and/or TBI | HABRI

If you don't find anything you can use or want to use, please check the footnotes and references cause they often times will lead you to other sources that you can read for more information.

Also if you hit a paywall (meaning you can't access the paper b/c it requires money/subscription), google the author's names. You can usually find an email for them at their university or a social media account (hey Twitter!) and if you reach out to them, they most likely will send you a copy of their paper free of charge (Plus you now have a connection to talk to if they have the time re: their research).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tx for the idea brave about contacting directly.

i see the links you provide are for ptsd but my topic really is more about panic attack, generalised anxiety, anguish crisis, and breaking isolation in a non military population...
do you know any serious studies on that?

·
Registered
9,002 Posts
Also- when you write up your proposals, be sure to run thru a grammar, spelling program. Nothing worse than being assumed to be less educated than you are.
Panic attacks- that would probably still be covered under PTSD- it's not like you know when a PA is coming on, unless it's associated w something you know will bring one on. Those pathways- it's so important to try to stop them from developing, those chemicals make it easier for the next one to be more debilitating and preventing pathways from carving into your brain even deeper take a real effort to not let your mind go there- look into amino acid supplements. It was long ago I did some deep research on PAs, like in the early 90's when they were first being described- it seemed to me at the time that stopping that auto reaction/mindplay was crucial to PA not worsening as time goes by... this from a person who has never had one (well, I did have ONE once, but suspect it was associated w drugs (prescribed) and an unusual situation). I never want to have another.

Reactions: DavidG

·
Registered
8,096 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts