Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think today my son's bad day... When I took him to petsmart for grooming a big accident happend by the groomers hand...Please I need all your support and please tell them when they are grooming that time they shouldn't be over the store phone... It's not only for my son concern but also for his fellow buddies.

After the accident they took care of him very well, all the vet bills and all the medication... but this shouldn't happend if they are professional groomers.

Now he is quiet good and sleeping... but I am his mother how can I control my feelings... I know he is brave n bold puppy and he will get well soon...

Attachments

·
They get it
4,446 Posts
Oh, poor baby! Give him a kiss on the forehead from me.

·
Missing my Boys...
3,980 Posts
What happened?
I would find a private groomer, your pour baby I feel so sorry for him and the ordeal you went through also.
Give him HUGS & KISSES from us!

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm so sorry! But if it's any consolation, it's probably FAR more upsetting to you than your baby. He'll forget about it much faster than you will- What do you suppose will happen to that irresponsible groomer?!

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
How horrible! Give the poor brave puppy a big hug and kiss from me, too.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
I am so sorry. I would be so upset. My two have been getting groomed every 10 weeks since the age of one, Shadow earlier because we got him as a puppy, without any horror stories. Shadow is seven years old and Tucker will be seven years old in a few days. I like my groomer even better now! I used Petsmart only once and would never go back.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We went to PetSmar today at around 11 am for Sparkies Grooming after they finished his grooming around 1 pm they took him inside and within few sec vet went inside... then the groomer came n she said accidentally we cut his neck... n vet said I can't glue it i need to stich and u can take him around 3.30 pm... they were three stiches... After 10 days we have to take him to the vet to remove those stiches... This is for simplle grooming nothing else...

Now he just want to play with dada(DADDY)... n sometimes scraching there with his paws but I am taking care it.

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
You mention they were on the phone. This is a huge mistake in my opinion, unless someone else was watching your dog. The groomer we use for our two, have an answering machine and they almost never pick up during store hours. Now that they have more staff members, it may be easier to get through. In the past, the phone calls going out were to let customers know the dogs were ready to be picked up.

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Poor boy. I hope he heals quickly and gets lots of extra treats.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Poor pup. I would be a very unhappy camper indeed even if they took care of the vet bill. What were they doing and with what that could have ended up with a wound in that place requiring three stitches ?!

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
I would be livid. What on earth could they be doing or thinking to cut his neck deep enough to need stitches. I would raise holy he!! for sure. Poor baby, give him lots of extra TLC from all his GRF friends. Once again, I'm thankful we don't use groomers.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I would be livid. What on earth could they be doing or thinking to cut his neck deep enough to need stitches. I would raise holy he!! for sure. Poor baby, give him lots of extra TLC from all his GRF friends. Once again, I'm thankful we don't use groomers.
Yep, I'd be livid as well and contacting one certain local TV station that frequently runs stories about incompetent grooming "accidents" at Petco and Petsmart. One Petsmart allowed a dog to get loose, for days at a time and one Petco killed a small dog in a dryer "accident". I'd be contacting the corporate offices of the retailer as well, raising holy heck.

I can barely look at the photos it makes me so sad that your pup is hurting.

·
Where The Bitches Rule
6,429 Posts
I have to say that I would not let this rest here. Fortunately it turned out not to be a life threatening injury but from the appearance it was not far from being so. It was correct for them to take care of the bills but the higher ups must be notified. It is possible the store manager will do this but I would call the corporate headquarters to be sure. Here is the toll free number (800) 738-1385. I would call them on Monday morning.

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
I am so sorry that Sparky got so hurt just getting grooming. That should never happen no matter where you go and I would be going over someone's head for that "mistake". It could have been alot worse if it hit a vein or something being on the neck. Shame on that person, they should be ashamed. After seeing this thread and the one I think a week ago about someone's two goldens being shaved by mistake, I think mine will never go to a groomer. Give him a big kiss for being so brave.

·
Chester & Murphy's Mom
7,464 Posts
Your poor baby...glad he is going to be ok. Please do as AmbikaGR said call corporate on Monday and let them know what happened.

·
Registered
7,496 Posts
I'm so sorry that Sparkie got hurt today. I really feel that you should contact the corporate company and let them know of your frustration and anger. Something that sharp should never have been pointed in that direction, that deep into the fur to even come close to a scratch, let alone a puncture wound!!! I also feel that you should have received gift cards for the store, since you will no longer (I hope) be using them for grooming.

·
Registered
8,164 Posts
Geez, after all these grooming horror threads, I'm never taking my dogs in to get groomed!

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
I would not let this go either. I would report it all the way up. I'm sorry your boy was hurt and I hope he gets better soon.

I take Tinkerbell to Petsmart on a regualr basis for her groomings and have had nothing but good luck. I've heard several horror stories about several local private groomers. And I don't like the fact that they want me to leave Tinkerbell there 4-6 hours. At Petsmart she is there 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Of course my Petsmart is also staffed by several groomers that were private at one time, but decided for financial reasons to go to work at Petsmart. But this case is yet another reason to make sure you ask questions.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts