Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a waterproof dog bed, one where the cushion inside is protected against water, so I can take the cover off and wash it. Too many foster puppies deciding dog beds are potty spots, and I can't wash the inner cushions, so the beds have to be thrown away.

Anyone have a suggestion? I'm not having much luck finding a dog bed that is waterproof or protects the cushion.

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I need a waterproof dog bed, one where the cushion inside is protected against water, so I can take the cover off and wash it. Too many foster puppies deciding dog beds are potty spots, and I can't wash the inner cushions, so the beds have to be thrown away.

Anyone have a suggestion? I'm not having much luck finding a dog bed that is waterproof or protects the cushion.
Is it possible to modify a human mattress cover that protects against water? When we bought our bed a few years ago the company made us buy a mattress protector they sold that was waterproof or our warranty wouldn't be valid. If you are handy you could cut it to a smaller size to wrap around the cushion, sew up the sides and then put the bed cover on it. Maybe a child's size protector that you can buy at Walmart or Target would work the best.

If those don't work why not take one of the blue plastic things they sell at grocery stores for picnics and such or a plastic table cover and put it around the cushion, put velcro on it to close it and then put the cushion on. It might make a noise but that's better than a ruined cushion.

·
Kate
21,682 Posts
We got a baby mattress for Danny... when he got up in age he would sometimes have little accidents. Our vet said he was going senile?

The only problem we ran into was that because the pee didn't sink in, it would flow off the bed when he got up.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
I was going to say what GoldenCamper said...

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Kuranda beds Melissa. They are indestructable, up off the floor, good for ortho issues and easily cleaned/sanitized. www.kuranda.com They cost a little more but last forever!

·
Registered
9,612 Posts
I've put puppy pee pads inside the cover for protection.

evne used it on my mattress when my unpottybroke niece came to visit. It protects and soaks up the urine - well, mostly.

·
Registered
525 Posts
When Grace was sick, I used the baby mattress size waterproof, quilted mattress pad under the cover of her bed. It doesn't crinkle like plastic sheeting, and is easily washed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts