Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Valerie
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hubs an I are going home to Ohio this week for the Holidays, unfortunately Maggie can't come along with us :(

I dropped her off a few hours ago at another forum members house. Thanks again Carolina Mom :wave: and I know she will be in great hands with them I just miss her already, a lot. The house is very quite and weird with out the extra four paws clanking on the floor. Her brother is also acting a bit strange too (he is able to come along with us, thankfully, or else I would be totally nuts without both my dogs!). I feel like he is looking for her- he keeps looking out the front door, whining, and then looking back at us :confused: In all the years I have had my dogs I have never left them for more than a night before. This is strange and I don't like it! I also an worried about my girl behaving herself. She is a character, that's for sure. Ugh.

·
Goldens Rule in SW PA!
2,127 Posts
It sure must be tough--but I envy you. In the past when we went away--we had to board our Goldens. The better places were really expensive; a new place that opened up near us turned out to be run by idiots who didn't look after our dogs as closely as they should have. We've never been back. At least you have a great Maggie-sitter for the Holiday. Does your friend have Skype or a webcam? Perhaps you can cam with her (and your friends, too!).

Have a peaceful Christmas--sounds like Maggie is in great hands.

SJ

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
I know who she is staying with and I bet she is being spoiled rotten!

Both hubby and I miss our dogs when we travel! We board them at our vets and they have web camera suites and we check up frequently, try to call and talk to staff daily and generally think about them all the time! During our trip to Alaska last summer we went shopping for Toby's favorite treats--made in Alaska and very expensive here in the lower 48. We ended up buying an extra carry on backpack to haul his treats home with us!

You'll have a wonderful reunion when you return and probably an extra clingy dog too!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts