Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

901 - 919 of 919 Posts

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
I am sorry for your recent loss. Please take care of yourself, love on sweet Charlie, and feel better soon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel your pain. It took me 5 1/2 weeks to make it through one day without crying after our beloved Poncho died suddenly. All I can say is that it will get better, it is so hard to believe this when you are grieving, but I have lived through it recently and the pain will subside. Know that you are not alone and this forum was great for me. Wishing you peace.

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
Thinking of you and sending hugs, Buddy wouldn't want you to be sad x

·
I miss my Buddy
11,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #907
Thank you all for your words of comfort, it does get very hard at the moments.

I lost my mom. I lost my mom 40 days before my booked trip there to see them. I was looking forward to it counting days. And she worried that my dad wouldn’t make it by then. He is the one who is not doing well. But she didn’t make it. Unplanned trip comes first, to laid to rest my mom.

My planned vacation was even more sad. On second day there we visited my mom’s grave, gathered at the cemetery with family and friends. In the evening my aunt came over with sad news, my uncle (my mom’s brother) died. The day after we attended his funeral that same aunt (on my dad’s side) died. I know they were both grieved with loss of my mom…Too much, lost all of them very dear to me in such a short time.

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Velinka, I am so sorry for the loss of your mom and uncle. I lost my mom 34 years ago and not a day goes by that she isn’t in my thoughts. Charlie will help you get thru these times-hug him extra tight! They do sense when we are sad. Hugs..

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Velinka

This morning I was woken up with Charlie’s wet kisses and the radio playing song “…it has been a long day without you my friend…”. Seven years (today) long day for me.

My dear Buddy,
I still miss you and think of you every day.
What a blessing was to have you! I am deeply honoured and thankful for your presence in my life and our travel together on this bumpy road called life. Thank you for having your way into my heart and making world better place (for me). And thank you for your help in finding a better me too.
I miss seeing you every day but I feel you are still here with me, locked in my heart forever. Your sweet, gentle, golden spirit keeps living in your brother Charlie. Charlie is your legacy, continuity of everything good in life. For years he was patiently picking up shattered pieces of my broken heart to put them together and he did. Every time I look at his eyes I see you there too. Every touch of his soft fur reminds me on you. I love him so much. He made my heart grows bigger and didn’t take away any of my love for you.
I miss you so much “…it has been a long day without you my friend, and I’ll tell you all about it when I see you again…”

See you again!

Love you forever,
Your mom
Velinka: I am so sorry to read about all of the pain you have been through, losing your Mom, your uncle and your aunt! I lost my Mom 13 years ago tomorrow, and things are not the same without her or my Dad. I lost my Dad six months later. So glad you have Charlie and your Angel, Sarah, to help you. Happy Birthday to Buddy at the Bridge. I know my Smooch, Snobear, Munchkin, 2 Gizmos. and Mimi will celebrate with him!

·
Karen
985 Posts
Buddy's Mom, I'm so sorry to hear about your mother and your aunt and uncle. It's so much to bear and each person so dear to you. There is no way you could have known the timing for the travel, it seems unfair.... I'm glad that you have Charlie with you for comfort, these sweet pups truly bring love to life. I'm sure that Buddy is always watching over you. Hugs, Sending love and prayers to you.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #912
My dearest Buddy,

It has been 8 years today from your departure. Another year passed by, really hard one. I lost my mom and my dad 7 months apart. I think of them every day, sometimes I am very angry sometimes just sad. It makes me think a lot about you too. And when I think of you my heart grows larger and warm, fuzzy feeling put me to sleep at nights. The time we had together is so precious to me and will always be.

Thank you for sending Charlie my way. Your little brother is such a help, I don’t know how would I go on without him. His eyes are full of love and compassion, reading my feelings and my thoughts like no other being. But you know all of it, you are my sweet angel watching over me.

Hope you are there with my mom and dad and time will come we will be all together again.

Still love you and still miss you and I will be your mom forever!

·
Registered
5,823 Posts
Thinking of you on this sad anniversary. I'm so sorry about your double loss-we went thru a similar type loss 16 years ago with my in-laws. It's never easy. I'm so glad you have Charlie.

·
Registered
17,364 Posts
So very sorry for your losses. I often think of you, Charlie, and of course Sweet Buddy. Am sending you a hug on this sad day x

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
I can't believe that it is 8 years since Buddy went to the bridge. Time may pass but it is not the healer that many people think.

THEY SAY THAT TIME HEALS
BUT THAT IS ONLY PARTLY TRUE
FOR IF TIME REALLY HEALED, WE WOULD FORGET
AND THAT WE WILL NEVER DO

Sending hugs for you and Charlie

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for your loss of Buddy. Put my Abby down this past Feb. 15. She was 11. Liver disease, anemia, etc. I am still devastated by her loss. I still look for her, I still talk and sing to her and we still laugh about all the goofy things she used to do. As summer approaches, I will really miss her hanging out with us in our back yard. While we would sit on the deck, she would be right in front of us on the lawn, laying there for hours, playing with her ball and just making sure she had us in her sights. It's gonna be tough sitting out there again. It does get just a tiny bit easier as time goes on. I had another Golden before Abby and he was 15. I still think about him too, but the pain has lessened for sure over time. This forum helped me out a lot and still does. Hang on to the memories, that's what gets you through. At first all I could think about was the last 3 months of her life, getting sicker and sicker and then the end at the vet. It took me a few weeks just to get over those thoughts and turn them in to the good times and all the fun we had.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #917
Happy 18th Birthday my sweet Buddy!

Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating with your friends at Rainbow Bridge.
Your existence left deep pawprints on my heart, shaped my world and changed me forever. You will always be part of me.

Love and miss you forever!
Your mom

·
Registered
6,263 Posts
Belated Happy Birthday Buddy, I'd like to think that if you had a party my girls would have joined you. Sending hugs to your mum

·
I miss my Buddy
11,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #919
Belated Happy Birthday Buddy, I'd like to think that if you had a party my girls would have joined you. Sending hugs to your mum
Thanks goldensmum.
I am not sure how things are working there but like to think there are parties there and so much love for each other. It makes me smile envisioning all our goldens happy and healthy again.

901 - 919 of 919 Posts