Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He (Kodiak) was found recently, and waiting for the rest of the tests before he gets put on the adoption list. He is 1 1/2 - 2, and is gigantic, weighing in at 75lbs. If I bring him in, I will need to add another income just to pay the food bills!

Picture's are attached but not good quality as my phone is not the best. He seems like a mix to me. I have never seen a Golden with such a wide head. His cheek bones are a good inch wider than my other golden, Dude. To me, he has a little shepherd in his face, but without the black color. Very hard to tell, but fantastic dog.

Hopefully he will be a great addition to the family!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
Bravo! It will be one of the best things you've ever done. Thank you for rescuing a doggie!!

·
Rudy's Lucky Dad
8,153 Posts
Beautiful!!

Nothing like rescue goldens. The love you'll get can't be measured it's so big. He won't eat you out of house and home.

Our 4th golden rescue adoptee (80 lb Andy) asks "you gonna keep him? He looks like a really good boy!" LOL :)

PS - We've had 'dog DNA tests' done on a couple. About $60. Very accurate.

·
Premium Member
2,126 Posts
Good Deal

His ear color looks a little dark but what does it matter about full blood your doing a great thing I'm sure he'll love you for it!! Goldens are the best!!

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Kodiak

Kodiak is a beauty!! When will you know if you are adopting him?
If you don't adopt him be sure to let the Golden Rescues know what shelter he is at so they can save him!!
I agree with dborgers-there is nothing like a rescue-he will love you forever!!
National Rescue Committee of the Golden Retriever Club of America

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
He`s a beautiful boy!

·
Knife Swallower
6,783 Posts
Very handsome - congrats!! Love me these rescue dogs!

·
Official Trout Bum
4,216 Posts
Don't wait too long...he'll go in a hurry. Best thing I ever did was rescue Woody!!!

Pete

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
He is a handsome boy and I would love that sweet face.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts