Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 goldens
11,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I made Honey's chicken stew this time, I made a slight change. They wre out of the 5 pound packs of chicken thighs, so I got 5 pounds of chicken legs. Then the 2 1/2 pounds of chicken necks, and 2 pounds of chicken gizzards (that I cut up.) I used the uual sweet potatoes and apples, but instead frozen green beans, I used a large bag of frozen leaf spinach. She ejoys it as much as the other way. Smell so darn cooking those 24 hours I was tempted to eat a little of it myself last night!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
That does sound good except for the spinach.

·
3 goldens
11,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Honey is doing great. She hasmore energy than a 8 month old puppy--and she is right at 8 years. When we adopted her Dec. 7, 2002 we were told she was "right at a year old" and she did have heart worms. so we know she was a year olod, maybe older to have the adult heartworms.

She did give us that scare a couple of weeks ago when we found that tiny lump on her side, but biopsy showed it just fat, not another MCT s we feared. Took her in last week to get her toemails clipped. I had always clipped nails but dont trust my vision now. Didn't see the vet at all and the techs didn't charge to clip her nails. They all love her. She flat out sat in Lacy's lap while Heather clipped. They said so many dogs fight having nails clipped, but Honey seemed to really enjoy i. Think it was the attention. She is an attention hog for sure.

PS HONEY LOVES THAT STEW SOME FRIENDS ERE HRE WHEN I FED HER AT 6:00 AND THEY GOT THE BIGGEST KICK OUT OF E FROM THE MINUTE I ASKED HER IF SHE WAS HUNGRY. SHE WAS DANCING, JUMPING STRAIGHT UP IN THE AIR AND "TALKING"--I HAVE NEVER KNOW A DOG WITH SO MANY DIFFERENT SOUNDS AND NOSIES AS HONEY MAKIES TRYING TO TALK. THEY HAVE GERMAN SHEPHERDS THAT ARE OUTSIDE 90% OF THE TIME--LIVE IN COUNTRY AND HE WORKS NIGHTS AND SHE IS ALONE AND THEY DO LIVE IN A SMALLISH TRAILER HOUSE ON 5 ACRES. SO THEIR DOGS DO NOT HAVE THE RANGE OF UNDERSTOOD WORDS THAT INSIDE DOGS HAVE.L

THEY COULD NOT BELIVE I ATUALLY HAD COOKED THIS STUFF FOR HER, BUT SINCE IT WAS FINISHED YESTERDAY, I HD PUT 5 DAYS WORTH IN FRIDGE AND FROZE THE REST IN CONTAINERS OF 5 DAYS WORTH. I HET IT UP BEFORE MIXING IT WITH HER TATE OF THE WILD AND THEY COULDN'T BELIEVE I ACTAULLY HEAED IT UP . OH WELL, MY GAL IS A LITTLE BIT SPOILED.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts