Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He knew about Penny via a phone call with my daughter a couple of weeks ago during an appointment set up.

He cried with me this morning. And he's known us for only about a year. Before he left, he gave me a stellar recommendation for a new small animal vet.

I was already less then enchanted with the two local vets we had tried for wellness exams in the past. The idea of having them handle our new puppy really put me off.

AND, he's cute as a button!

·
Registered
33,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. Although Kern Road was the last vet we took Penny to. Nothing against any of Penny's vets in the whole thing. Just a feeling that her regular vet, in the village here, was never quite on the ball. One of the vets who left told me she should weigh 53 pounds. I never let him see her again.

The other vet was okay for wellness exams but just didn't inspire confidence. I don't know why, she never did anything that didn't make sense at the time. Just my gut.

·
Nancy
7,493 Posts
Hank's vet is semi retired now, but was my horse vet 40 year ago. His son is taking over the practice and I really like him too. When Maggie went to Rainbow Bridge he ("old" Doc) came out to our SUV for the process. I was stressing about having to carry her through a waiting room full of people.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
I wonder what makes equine vets so much more special - when I was having trouble gettinng Remy scheduled for an ultrasound mine called and offered to come to the house to do it for me. He has offered his advice and given opinions whenever I've needed another set of educated on eyes on results.

Wish small animal vets could show the same level of humanism - some do, but my experience is that most don't.

Glad you have a fabulous equine vet!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts