Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now know which puppy from the litter will be mine.
(For more info see "my puppy is born" thread.)

She is the "red girl" also nicknamed "Ticket" because of the police litter theme.

I was going to call her Skye, but I don't think that name fits her....I kinda like the name Ticket, so I think that will be her call name unless someone can suggest other names that they think would suit her better. I do need a middle name, too.

I get to bring her home Sunday( she will be exactly 8 weeks old) so I will post more pictures of her later.
I am soooooo excited.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
She's super cute! I love the name skye. This makes me super excited to get my puppy in 3 weeks! Can hardly wait! Good luck!

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
Really like the name Ticket and haven't heard this before. Would make a great call name and you can easily work it into her AKC name too. She is a beauty and love her face.

I have a Kye, from Skys Reap the Wild Wind, we thought about calling her Sky, but changed it to Kye! She is the only "Kye" we have found.

Reactions: goldenca

·
Premium Member
16,435 Posts
She is a cutie pie. I love the name Ticket.

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
She is too cute! I also like the name Ticket! Maybe you can still stick to the police theme but find other names besides ticket... Maybe some others will have suggestions.

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
She's adorable! I, too, love the name Ticket. Ticket to my heart ???

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone. I like your suggestions. The AKC name is supposed to be based on a Madonna song or lyric. .....but it is not an absolute must.
The litter nicknames were given so instead of calling the puppy "red girl" they had a temporary name...."Ticket". But I don't think there is a Madonna song with "ticket" in the lyrics. There is a song called Holiday.....so her AKC name could be Holiday Ticket.......but it doesn't sound that special and I still like the name Skye.?...maybe Skye Ticket as the call name, but call her Ticket?

·
Dog Lover
42,038 Posts
Goldenca

Goldenca

Your Girl is adorable-I am SO EXCITED for you.
I think Skye Ticket sounds wonderful!!

·
Registered
3,515 Posts
She is so adorable!! :D :D

I too love the name Ticket. I am sure that with all of Madonna songs you can find one that would work with Ticket. Good luck.

Cant wait to see more pictures of thsi perfect little girl.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So if I do conformation, rally and eventually agility what AKC name would stand out?
Lucky Star, Just the Ticket, Ticket to My Heart, Something To Remember,
or something else maybe???

·
Sierra's Mom
50 Posts
How about (kennel) Like a Prayer, My Ticket to Heaven...

She is adorable! We're hoping to have one in 5 weeks or so. Can't wait!

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
I don't think that puppies really ever look like their names initially. I still call Kira "pup-pup" probably more than Kira. And Jack was buddy, poopy dog, etc. as a puppy. Chloe's name has morphed into Little D more than Chloe over time. We're weird with names apparently...lol They do learn them somehow though!

I know how much you liked the name Skye, so I think you should still name her that if you love it. And I LOVE Lucky Star :)

·
Kye & Coops Mom
4,466 Posts
I still like (kennel) Just the Ticket. Think this would be a really good AKC name, but call name, Ticket..think you nailed this and best I have heard in a while.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts