Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Dogs Lover Member!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends i just made my first blog for dog owners and lovers can you please check it out and tell me what i need to do/fix in this blog and this is gonna be so helpful to me thanks ,
Dogs Feed

·
Registered
783 Posts
Congratssss:))) For the hard work and for the time you dedicated to it.
As a volunteer, you may predict the daily cases we face. Abandoned dog, dog fights, rape, other physical assault, neglect of health ........ A couple of them I adopted myself.Believe me it is sometimes that I wish a different life or brain and wake up to a life that I am less indifferent to such incidents. I am afraid to go on fb, insta and even reluctant to answer a call because I know what I will hear. I need more inspirational stories.
It is a very cleancut blog. There is no doubt and you covered many subjects. However, when just entered it I saw on the front page mostly the "sad" stories . I was like "oh my god, I cannot take it anymore". Not necessarily mentioning the main menu is RED. Even a sweet red , a pomegranate red is still red. Red speeds up your endochrines, accelarates adrenaline unless the main subject & object is about love, sex etc it invokes hostility and anger. So bringing RED together with negative stories can turn off the reader.

·
Dogs Lover Member!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congratssss:))) For the hard work and for the time you dedicated to it.
As a volunteer, you may predict the daily cases we face. Abandoned dog, dog fights, rape, other physical assault, neglect of health ........ A couple of them I adopted myself.Believe me it is sometimes that I wish a different life or brain and wake up to a life that I am less indifferent to such incidents. I am afraid to go on fb, insta and even reluctant to answer a call because I know what I will hear. I need more inspirational stories.
It is a very cleancut blog. There is no doubt and you covered many subjects. However, when just entered it I saw on the front page mostly the "sad" stories . I was like "oh my god, I cannot take it anymore". Not necessarily mentioning the main menu is RED. Even a sweet red , a pomegranate red is still red. Red speeds up your endochrines, accelarates adrenaline unless the main subject & object is about love, sex etc it invokes hostility and anger. So bringing RED together with negative stories can turn off the reader.
:x:x:x
I just read your opinion and I'm very thankful to you, LOL (all about "sad" stories), that makes me very LOL, and actually you can say most of those "sad" stories are collected from big websites such as nyt and BF ex. and these sad stories that actually gets my attention when i found that it has a "viral" story i re-write that story and post it into my blog, and one thing that i didn't get is the RED thing LOL, is it the theme not cool or just the RED color ?!

·
Registered
5,925 Posts
Sadly the way the world is now your website could be extremely popular.

If anyone with a IQ above that of a hamster wants something meaningful like actual knowledge they have to search for it. The folks that watch celeb TV like TMZ and dancing with the stars will love your website.

You will probably do just fine.

·
Dogs Lover Member!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sadly the way the world is now your website could be extremely popular.

If anyone with a IQ above that of a hamster wants something meaningful like actual knowledge they have to search for it. The folks that watch celeb TV like TMZ and dancing with the stars will love your website.

You will probably do just fine.
Emm That's why BF publishing that kind of stories !? and it's so popular ! I'm confused *

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
I wouldn't read it- sorry, I am sure you will get lots of readers who like the AMAZING!! and all that, but to me it seems less like a meaningful blog and more like a sensational weirdo story collection. There are poor people who cannot afford surgeries (one of the stories) all the time, and who lose their animals as a result. A more interesting - to me- story around that topic would focus on ways TO afford expensive treatments, a rundown on the various insurance companies and their costs vs benefits, a true critique of Care Credit---that sort of thing.
I agree it is more for the bored, looking for online entertainment type person as opposed to a type person who looks for learning where ever they read.
And I agree about the flat red banner. It also feeds into the sensational. A nice aqua or some other peaceful color would look less attention grabby, and if red is just your thing, try out an orangey red instead. JMO of course. I do not doubt you will find readers.

Reactions: Peri29

·
Dogs Lover Member!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I wouldn't read it- sorry, I am sure you will get lots of readers who like the AMAZING!! and all that, but to me it seems less like a meaningful blog and more like a sensational weirdo story collection. There are poor people who cannot afford surgeries (one of the stories) all the time, and who lose their animals as a result. A more interesting - to me- story around that topic would focus on ways TO afford expensive treatments, a rundown on the various insurance companies and their costs vs benefits, a true critique of Care Credit---that sort of thing.
I agree it is more for the bored, looking for online entertainment type person as opposed to a type person who looks for learning where ever they read.
And I agree about the flat red banner. It also feeds into the sensational. A nice aqua or some other peaceful color would look less attention grabby, and if red is just your thing, try out an orangey red instead. JMO of course. I do not doubt you will find readers.
All right, so what do you suggest I do now ?!:frown2:

·
Registered
9,165 Posts
I can't re-write it for you!
It just has a sensational feel to it, not appealing to me or educational. Also, a blog is typically not a series of articles, a blog is to my mind a series of 'written by the person whose blog it is' articles. It's a thoughtful thing.

·
Dogs Lover Member!
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can't re-write it for you!
It just has a sensational feel to it, not appealing to me or educational. Also, a blog is typically not a series of articles, a blog is to my mind a series of 'written by the person whose blog it is' articles. It's a thoughtful thing.
****, i was thinking people like that kind of articles because it get's a lot of shares from people " so THEY like it" and that's why they share this kind stuff, so before i made that blog i was searching about what people more interesting in and i saw that kind of articles for example (7 Ways To Clean Your Dog’s Teeth That He Won’t Hate), doesn't get much interesting from people as much as this kind of articles get (14 million have fallen in love with this Blind dog getting surgery so he can see), so that's why I'm doing this.

do you think that's wrong statics? i think most shared articles is the most that gets there attention ?!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts