Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were on a walk with my fiance and Zippy and we met a guy who also has a golden which we liked so much when we first saw him and asked him for that breeders contact. There's where we got our puppy. Anyway he told us that his 6 months old golden was very sick. He had an internal bleeding (I'm not sure if I am saying it right, I don't know the word for that in English) So vets couldn't do anything here because in the hole country there is no x-ray or ultra sound for animals !!!! I was like WHAT ?????? He had to take him to Macedonia outboard in the middle of the night so the dog would be saved...thanks god his dog is ok now. I am really shocked, I hope I am never going to need any of those but living in this century and hearing something like this :confused:

Do I live in the same year as you guys ????
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

·
Missing Selka So Much
17,303 Posts
I am so sorry. It does seem unbelievable in this day and age. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have good accessible vet care. I am so grateful that my vet is available 24/7 so I don't have to use an emergency vet.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am so sorry. It does seem unbelievable in this day and age. I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have good accessible vet care. I am so grateful that my vet is available 24/7 so I don't have to use an emergency vet.
There is no emergency vet here, if you can reach your vet if he's willing to do something than it's ok, otherwise I don't even want to think about what would happen...

·
Didge's Mommy!
1,144 Posts
Oh my how scary for you and your puppy!! Is there any access to maybe First Aid for dog books? Obviously you have access to the internet. Maybe read up on first aid treatments and keep a "doggy first aid" kit at home?
You should also ask your regular vet what to do if he needs help?

I wish I had something better to tell you... good luck!!! Maybe your puppy will never need it!!!

·
Registered
508 Posts
Kevin and I just lost our 13 1/2 yr old Golden named Mitchell back on 8/8. He was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma a few months ago by us noticing a bloody round spot on his hind leg. We had it removed and they did an Ultra Sound to check the spleen and liver and at that time they said it was clear.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my how scary for you and your puppy!! Is there any access to maybe First Aid for dog books? Obviously you have access to the internet. Maybe read up on first aid treatments and keep a "doggy first aid" kit at home?
You should also ask your regular vet what to do if he needs help?

I wish I had something better to tell you... good luck!!! Maybe your puppy will never need it!!!
We do have some books, all about goldens that we ordered on internet (amazon), there are some things about first aid and of course there is always internet but as i see I'm gonna need much more than just that :doh:

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Kevin and I just lost our 13 1/2 yr old Golden named Mitchell back on 8/8. He was diagnosed with Hemangiosarcoma a few months ago by us noticing a bloody round spot on his hind leg. We had it removed and they did an Ultra Sound to check the spleen and liver and at that time they said it was clear.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm not sure what I would do without some of our technology. It's not always perfect though.

·
Coley - my cuddle bug
2,336 Posts
Wow! I bet you feel all alone! Zippy is a doll by the way.

Well, here you have a great network of friends who know tons and tons about our fur babies. Hopefully your baby will live a long and healthy and event-free life.

You are in for the ride of your life, though. It's exhilerating loving a golden.

·
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So sorry for your loss. It is obvious that technology sometimes can be wrong but again we really really need it. I just wish all the best for our goldens.

·
and now Chance too!
608 Posts
My sincerest sympathies for your loss.

We lost our 13 yo Katie to a hemangiosarcoma this past Christmas. A good friend of ours who is a Vet did an ultrasound on her and neither of us could see anything. 2 months later she started developing lesions all over her liver and spleen. Those **** things move fast.

It just depends on where they are and other factors (she had cushings so her liver was enlarged and it made the simple little US he did at our place less than optimal).

In the end though, even if we could have seen them it wouldn't have changed anything. She was too old to go through chemo and it would have made her last days miserable instead of the wonderful time we had together with her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts