Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 139 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jenni's cancer has been progressively getting worse. She really struggles to walk. Last night she looked up at me with the most beautiful eyes and said I love you, but I want to go to the Bridge and be with Caesar.

We doubled up on the prednizone and it made no difference. I am taking her in at 10:00am Thursday, Montana time. Please pray for my little girl friend and me.

I am an Old Guy student teacher, so I can't miss teaching class, so I have to do it during my free hour. Then go back to teach.

I picked up some pain killer today to help her through the night. Hopefully she and I can take a little walk before she leaves me. I will hold her in my arms and tell her how much I love her and how she will always be my little girl friend.

Pat

Reactions: Karen519

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am so sorry to hear this. Spoil Jenni as much as you can tonight... Run free tomorrow, Jenni. You will no longer be in any pain.

I am also sorry to hear you have to go back and teach... that will be so hard. My thoughts are with you.

Reactions: Caesar's Buddy

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
I'm very sorry that it is Jenni's time to go. It is one of the hardest things we will ever face. I'm sure Caesar will be there to greet her as well as our pups who are there. Hugs to you.

·
I miss my Buddy
11,534 Posts
I am so, so, so sorry. My heart is aching for you. I do not know what to say, as for these moments there are no words. My thoughts and prayers are with you and my tears. Give thousands hugs and kisses to your sweet Jenni, for days you wont be together. There is no greater love then golden love but it is hard to deal with last moments. Be strong tonight for your Jenni there will be plenty of time to cry.
I am so sorry for you, for Jenni for all of us who loved and lost our beautiful golden boys and girls.

·
New Mommy
6,137 Posts
Pat, I am so sorry that this time has come. It is one we all fear. But releasing her from pain and suffering is your greatest act of love. Jenni will always be in your heart. I am so sorry.

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,068 Posts
I'm so sorry.....I will be thinking of you and Jenni tomorrow as she starts her journey to Rainbow Bridge.

Oh my gosh....having to work afterwards is unthinkable. So sorry.....

·
In the Moment
20,515 Posts
Oh Pat, I'm so sorry this time has come. Know that we will be wrapping our arms around you both, and sharing our tears. Godspeed sweet Jenni... you will be forever loved.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I'm so very sorry Pat that your Jenni is ready to go to the bridge. The decision is heartbreaking. So many on this forum understand the pain you're feeling.

I also had to leave school to be with Jake when he went to the bridge. I wasn't able to go back to school. Couldn't you talk with your supervising teacher? I've had several student teachers over the years can't imagine someone not giving you a break here. Try talking with him/her.

Again, so sorry. Please use this forum as a means to help with your loss.

·
Premium Member
7,788 Posts
You Jenni is so lucky that you love her enough to set her free.

Regardless of what you teach, you could do a lot worse than to talk with your students about how much you love Jenni and what the day holds for her and for you. Sometimes love is hard and it blazes like a diamond. That's a lesson they won't find in textbooks, but they can learn it straight from your heart.

Lighting a candle and sending prayers for Jenni and for you on this most difficult of nights: http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=GRF

Lucy

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My mentor teacher is wonderful and he knows my pain, but he is a basketball coach and the team is leaving so I need to be there. I will pull through. When Caesar left for the Bridge, I had to go back to class also. I made it though, I am not sure how I will do.

Jenni and I sat quietly together after I gave her the pills for her pain, just sat there in peace. She seems to be able to get around a little better with the pills starting to take effect. I have to stay strong and recognize that the pills are masking her pain. I am trying to get up enough strength for my wife to take one last picture me and my Girl. I don't look very good right now with red swollen eyes.

Jenni is enjoying her Kong as I write this. I packed it completely full of peanut-butter.

Pat

1 - 20 of 139 Posts