Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A sibling to my 9.5 year old kids, Georgie and Mantha died today. She was owned by a couple who really kept up with me. Anyway, I got the email yesterday that her splenic mesentery had twisted, so they did a splenectomy and they saw no evidence of cancer... I got an email 12 hours later, early AM, that she had passed. I am just sick on all levels.. not the least of which is that I have her liitermates and I cannot accept their mortality... I am sick that she and they were put thru this surgery... And I am so sad for everyone...

·
Registered
21,245 Posts
Oh, I am so sorry for the poor family and for you. How sad on so many accounts. Give your Georgie and Mantha an extra ear rub or two. 9.5 seems too young to me too.

·
Registered
21,195 Posts
I'm so so sorry. How awful.

Reactions: Sally's Mom

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm guessing a suture let go....

·
Registered
54 Posts
....;-( every time I read that another Golden soul was lost, it's like it happens to me all over again.... I know it is the price we must be willing to pay to share our lives with these blessed creatures, but the heartbreak never ends...
Know well how many share your pain Sally's Mom......xo

·
Love my Golden Boys!!
7,074 Posts
I'm so sorry for you and your friends.....no cancer but a suture. How horrible.

RIP sweet girl.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And just in case no one has figured it out, all my heart and soul goes into these dogs.

·
Kristy
9,839 Posts
And just in case no one has figured it out, all my heart and soul goes into these dogs.
Honey, I don't think anyone who's spent more than a week on this forum would doubt the depth of your investment in your dogs. Your beautiful heart shines through here.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you, Nolefan, that was very sweet.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PS that collie is really cute. I love collies... My husband had three growing up.. The were Tory I, Tory II, and Tory III!!!

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
I am so sad to read this. : ( I can not imagine what you are going through right now. My thoughts are with you and the golden's family. Please pass on my thoughts to the family who lost their wonderful friend. And give Samantha and George a hug and scratch for me.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
PS that collie is really cute. I love collies... My husband had three growing up.. The were Tory I, Tory II, and Tory III!!!
Will there be a collie puppy joining your pack of goldens any time soon?

·
Dr. Rainheart
5,563 Posts
I am so sorry to read this. I am sure your heart is aching... Those who said you are so dedicated to your pups is right... I wish all breeders kept in touch with their litters throughout the years.

·
Registered
7,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very funny, Lauren, that would be a "no". I do love collies, but Goldens have stolen my heart . And no one in this family wants another dog....unless it's.... Luna!!!

Reactions: LibertyME

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Haha, you are always welcome to borrow her! Or take her to work with you! Today she tore apart her bedding in her kennel, she was not happy, even with a mid day play date!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts