Golden Retriever Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went in for vaccines today, and I asked if he could check him for a urinary tract infection, since he's starting peeing in the house lately. Well, little did I know, the doc had to keep him overnight so he could get him to pee in a litter pan of theirs so he could check it. I feel absolutely terrible about it. He's my precious little baby!! He's sooo easily spooked, he hates people (other than me), doesn't like loud noises, and hates dogs! I can just picture my poor Vinnie in that cold lonely kennel right now thinking I left him, and he has to live there forever. I feel like an absolute monster. I can't wait until 9am tomorrow when I can call to see if I can pick him up yet. Even my other cats are wandering around looking for him. Ugh, I hope this night goes fast, and I hope my sweet baby gets some sleep. Thanks for letting me rant!

·
Now Caue's Dad Too!
37,489 Posts
It is always tough when the babies have to be left overnight. I've been there and didn't like it one bit. Hopefully you will have your kitty back tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's so sad because he's usually my pest walking in front of my computer screen, and it drives me crazy, but now that he isn't here to do it I'm upset!!

·
Registered
43,252 Posts
Hopefully they can find out what is wrong with him and he will be ok. I remember when one of my cats years ago was doing that same thing. But they had me leave him in a bathroom with a empty litter box, since I lived around the corner from the vet. That cat kept me up all night long crying at the door. And he never went pee. So he had to go stay at the vet till he went pee. He did have a UTI.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I hope your kitty got to come home and is settled in.
Yep, he is home. Vet said he has slight inflammation, and gave him an antibiotic, but sooner thinks he's just being a jerk, so he put him on a "mood enhancer" for a few months. He's so happy to be home, but he smells like the vet so of course the other cats hate him and he's being completely alienated. Hopefully in a few days everyone will relax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts